I Would Like to Be a D or Small DD Do You Think This is Possible?

age: 32 weight : 145 height: 5'6" bra size: 34B (I can't fill out a full B cup, I am actually between an A and a B) I would like to be a full D or small DD do you think this is possible with under the muscle silicone implants? One of my breasts is slightly smaller than the other and I'm not sure if I have tubular deformity or not. Any info or advice you can offer is much appreciated.

What implant size is good for me?

+3

Thank you for the photos. these are the best set of photos I've seen on realself submitted by people. You do not have tuberuos breasts, but you have asymmetry. The right breast is slightly larger. As it was stared before, implant size is the most common question. Yes, I can make you a D, DD or even an F. The question is, is this right and how will it look in the long term? You need to see a board certified plastic surgeon in person for a consultation and examination. He or she can assess your skin envelope compliance, amount of breast tissue, breast base measurement, etc. Based on those you can come with a decision about implant volume and projection. Do not get lost in cup sizes. You know that two bras from different manufacturers claiming the same cup size are not the same. Good luck.

Web reference: http://www.bellevueplasticsurgeons.com

Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

You can be a D cup

+3

Your photos do not show a tuberous breast shape, and with breast implants you can be a D-cup or even a small DD if you wish. Be sure to bring your ideas and photos, and perhaps a bra you wish to fit to your consultation so your surgeon can match the result you are looking for.

peterejohnsonmd

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com

Can I go from an A cup to a D cup breast size with augmentation.

+3
This can certainly be achieved. A full consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon will help you decide in regards to implant size. I use the Vectra 3D system to help patients choose the right implant and to allow them to visualize the result prior to surgery.

Web reference: Http://www.elpasoplasticsurgery.com

El Paso Plastic Surgeon

D cup can be achieved with breast implants.

+3

1)  This is the most common type of question on RealSelf.

2)  It is the surgeon's job to pick the right breast implants, not the patient's. Implant selection is really pretty technical.

3)  Make sure your surgeon REALLY understands the look you want. Mentioning a cup size is not enough. Show your surgeon pictures of breasts you like.

4)  Then your surgeon has to tell you if your chosen look is realistic for your anatomy.  The most common mistake is to go too big.

5)  I recommend that  the surgeon NOT make a final implant choice in advance, because this is just an educated guess.

6)  The surgeon should have a large inventory of different size and shape implants available in the operating room.

7)  Then the surgeon can put sterile disposable implant SIZERS in your breasts during surgery, to see what a particular implant really looks like inside you. This is how to make the best choice. A sizer costs only $45, and takes all the guess work out.

8)  Finally, the sizer is discarded, and the correct breast implants (based on what you want and on your anatomy) are opened from the operating room inventory, and put in your breasts to complete the operation.

Small cup to larger cup size considerations

+3

Yes, it would be possible to go from an A/B cup to a D cup; a DD cup may be stretching it a bit; your body size is not large, and a D cup may look quite good.  You can use different size implants to accomadate the difference in your breast sizes; however if you have a sigificant tubular breast" deformity, this may require several surgeries to correct.  A consultation with a plastic surgeon would be very helpful in addressing these questions, and really necessary to fully evaluate the situation: will your breast tissue accomadate larger implants? how thick is your breast tissue providing coverage over these implants?, etc. Much of this information comes from a thorough physical exam, and then an honest discussion regarding what is realistic and reasonable for your particular anatomy.  I have learned over time that really large breast implants can lead to some really large problems: sagging, breast pain, back pain, etc., and once the breasts have been "stretched" out, it is difficult to simply make them smaller.  I am not suggesting that a breast augmentation should only make the breast " a little bit bigger" as those patients are often disappointed, and eventually commit to larger implants.  Each patient's situation is different: get several different opinions from board-certified plastic surgeons before you have your surgery.

+3

It is possible but it is probably not the best idea! It appears as if you have glandular ptosis or pseudoptosis to me from the pictures although a physical exam is needed to confirm the diagnosis. It also looks like you have lost some volume and your breast have become hypo plastic. Some history about pregnancy if any and changes in your breast over time would be helpful.

The reason to not go that big is due to your tissue characteristics which seem to be of small amount of breast tissue and ptotic breast which may point to lost of elasticity of your breast. When you go to a larger size of implant there is a higher chance of complications down the road and need for more revision surgery due to palpability, visibility, rippling and so on. Also as the implant gets bigger so does the weight and the faster the breast sag.

It would be good to see a few consultations with experienced surgeons in breast augmentation to get a few opinions!!!

Good Luck

Web reference: http://www.talroudnerplasticsurgery.com/breastimplants.php

Coral Gables Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant size/type?

+2

The more breast surgery I do the more I realize that there is no correlation between the size or model (profile) of implant used and resulting cup size.  This may have to do with several factors including: the amount of breast volume the patient starts with, the shape of the patient's chest wall (concave or convex), the type and model of breast implant selected (saline/silicone  and low/moderate/high profile), bra  manufacturer variance  in cup sizes, the  degree  of filling of the cup  with breast tissue,  and the subjective differences in patients perceptions of cup size. 
Much of the final “look” achieved after breast augmentation surgery  depends on several factors:

1. The initial shape, size (volume of breast tissue), symmetry of the patient's breasts. In general, the better the  preoperative breast appearance the more likely the breast augmentation “look” will be optimal.

2. The experience/skill level of the surgeon is important in determining the final outcome. For example, the accurate and gentle dissection of the breast implant pockets are critical in producing  long-term  well-placed breast implants. I personally think that these 2 factors are more important than any others, including type (saline or silicone)  or model (low/moderate/high profile)  of implant.

3. The type of implant used may  determine the final outcome, especially if the patient does not have significant covering breast or adipose tissue. For example, some surgeons feel that silicone implants have a more natural look and feel than saline implants because silicone gel has a texture that is similar to breast tissue. Each patient differs in the amount of breast tissue that they have.  If a patient has enough breast tissue to cover the implant, the final result will be similar when comparing saline implants versus silicone gel implants.  If a patient has very low body fat and/or very little breast tissue, the silicone gel implants may provide a more "natural" result.
On the other hand, saline implants have some advantages over silicone implants. Silicone implant ruptures are harder to detect. When saline implants rupture, they deflate and the results are seen almost immediately. When silicone implants rupture, the breast often looks and feels the same because the silicone gel may leak into surrounding areas of the breast without a visible difference.  Patients may need an MRI to diagnose a silicone gel rupture.   Saline implants are also less expensive than the silicone gel implants.
Other differences involve how the breast implants are filled. Saline implants are filled after they’re implanted, so saline implants require a smaller incision than prefilled silicone breast implants.
On May 10, 2000, the FDA granted approval of saline-filled breast implants manufactured by Mentor Corporation and McGhan Medical. To date, all other manufacturers’ saline-filled breast implants are considered investigational.
As of 2006, the FDA has approved the use of silicone gel implants manufactured by the Mentor Corporation and Allergan (formerly McGhan) for breast augmentation surgery for patients over the age of 22.

4. The size and model of breast implant used may  make a  significant difference in the final outcome. Therefore, it is very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" or "top heavy" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.
By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_breastaugmentation.htm

It can certainly be achieved

+2

I think you would be thrilled with the procedure and your size desire can certainly be achieved.  Most surgeons use some sort of visualization technique.  We use sizers, some use 3D, but in either instance - you'll have a good idea of what volume in cc's will achieve your desired results.  In my experience, it's common for patients to wish they had "gone just a little bit bigger", so keep that in mind as well!  Best of luck.  I'm confident you'll be really happy with this!

Dr. Kaufman

Folsom Plastic Surgeon

Optimal Breast Implant Sizing

+2

Optimal breast implant sizing can be determined with your surgeon.   The factors include present breast size, breast measurements, breast skin envelope and patient desires.  I would not be overly concerned with the bra size but more importantly the desired "look". 

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Web reference: http://www.drpaulgill.com