Breast Implants if Already a D-cup?

I am already a 34 D. The problem i have is moderate asyemmetry. One breast has become very noticablly bigger than the other. Also, im 18 and had a baby, before the were perky and full, and now their saggy and arent very full at all. The first consultation i went to the doctor recommended between 300cc and 350cc for my implant. Im trying to figure out what size id be after the implant and if it would help the problems im having at all?

Breast Implants in large breast with asymmetry

+2

The issue that you have needs to be broken down into two considerations.  First, the asymmetry and second the size. Which breast size do you like better, the bigger breast or the smaller breast?  

If you like the smaller breast bigger then you can lift both and reduce the large to match the smaller.  The lift with the implant will create a fuller superior breast and more perkiness over time but the lift will also do the same and have more of a natural sway.  If you look at breast lift 1024 my website, osullivanplasticsurgery.com, this patient has had a lift with no implant.  If you look at the other patient's, they have a lift with an implant. You can see that with the implant the roundness if more visible in the upper portion of the breast.  

The problem with using an implant in one side is the breast will never have the symmetry. The goal should be to either reduce the breast to the same size and lift both with or without implants.  

A D cup is a very full breast.  Adding 300 cc to a large breast would make you very large and you will have a significant limitation of activities unless you really want to be big.  If you bring in photos of the size you would like to be, it is possible to determine whether you need an implant or not to achieve that size.  If you like the size of the smaller breast but want the implant perkiness, you can add a very small implant, 100cc, to both.

Good luck.

Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants

+1

Choosing the right implant for you is a tough decision but a full exam and history and a discussion about your desires is key during consultation.

How to achieve the breasts you dream of

+1

Hi there-

Questions like yours are very, very common... Truthfully, breast surgery can become very confusing to many women.

It is very important to realize that your body and breasts are different from any other woman's out there, and so your solution should be as well.

Here is some advice I give frequently to women in search of their ideal breasts:

One of the things I find most interesting is the amount of misinformation the average patient must sift through when researching breast augmentation surgery. In particular, I think that many patients become overwhelmed with implant choices and the abundance of information about these options available on the Web...

This is complicated once they contact a surgeon or two for information about the implants, and which is most likely to give them the result they desire. Somewhere along the way, opinions expressed by a surgeon are perceived as fact by a prospective patient (because of the surgeon's reputation or the apparent strength of his/her opinion), who then becomes more confused when she hears a differing opinion.

Let's take a big step back from the trees here and take a look at the forrest in front of us, shall we?

Fundamentally, the reason any woman seeks breast augmentation is because she wants to achieve a certain appearance, right? Let's repeat that- to achieve a certain appearance. NOT a certain bra size, or a certain implant volume, or even a certain implant type. When you first started to think you might want an augmentation, you didn't think, "I would like it if I could have 350cc implants"... You probably thought, "I would love to look like that (after admiring another woman's breasts)..."

So if we can agree that what you are really after is an appearance you would be happier with, (as I always tell my patients) let's make the desired appearance the focus of our communications... Let us both ignore bra sizes (which are not standardized and the choice of which is very arbitrary) and implant types/sizes (for now)... Let's first understand what you want to look like. I think you would agree that if we are able to make you look the way you wanted to look, the letter on your bra and the number on your implant is less important, right? Help me understand what you want to look like, and I can give you a very accurate recommendation of options for achieving that appearance- provided a careful physical examination has also occurred.

Why is the exam so critical? After all, can't we just put small implants in women who want small breasts and larger implants into those who want larger ones?

The exam is critical, because for any one particular woman, there are only a few good choices of implants available, regardless of her goals, and these options are arrived at by taking careful stock of her breast tissue, skin, and frame. In other words, your anatomy will, to a large extent, help us understand the implant options that would make you look the best. This is the "One Right Result" concept. The taking of these measurements is so important, I do it myself every time, and based on these measurements and my patient's goals, then make recommendations regarding the implant options available to her (as these options would be different for different women).

While (as with any aesthetic procedure) no guarantee of outcome can be given, you are much more likely to achieve your desired outcome if you focus on communicating your desired appearance successfully with a skilled and experienced, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon than by over-researching the implants and micro-managing the details of the surgery. In fact, I can think of no better way for you to increase the odds of you ending up dissatisfied.

So don't over-think it... Think carefully about the appearance you want, communicate it carefully to your surgeon (using photos if possible), and make sure that the implant choice arrived at by the two of you together is based on both your anatomy and your goal. You'll be happier and the process will be less stressful!

Armando Soto, MD

How to improve deflated D cups

+1

Mothers may find that pregnancy and breastfeeding contribute to loss of volume and firmness. It’s hard to determine the best treatment for you without a photo, but if you're looking for perkiness, you'll need a lift--or, if you also want more volume, a lift and implants.

A breast lift raises droopy breasts from one to several inches and excess skin is removed. If you just want to go bigger, the only way to do that is with implants. You can get an improvement in your shape and contour with breast augmentation as long as you don’t mind being a bigger size.

Because it is difficult to determine the amount of asymmetry, you would either need different size implants in both breasts, or augment the smaller breast, or reduce the larger breast with liposuction or a breast reduction. The great thing about these techniques is that they can now be down with minimal scarring and performed as an outpatient procedure without the need for general anesthesia.

Michelle Copeland, MD, DMD

Breast asymmetry can be corrected with different size breast implants.

+1

Hi.

Just from your description, though, it sounds like you need a breast lift of your larger breast, and a lift with a small implant in the smaller. Avoid going big with breast implants. They age really badly.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Breast Implants

+1

I agree that one-size-does not fit all. So, determining what size implants you need or want depends on your anatomy and your physical examination. If you post a picture, we may be able to give you more specific advice. If you already have large breasts which are sagging, then a breast lift with an augmentation at the same time may be your best answer. Good luck.

David Shafer, MD

Breast asymmetry surgery

+1

Basically, the only reason you need an implant is if you feel your smaller side is too small.  If not, you might only need a lift to make the breasts perkier and better matching. 

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Bigger is not always better

+1

Asymmetry can be handled in many ways however if you are already a D cup and one breast is larger than the other I would think that a Mastopexy with or without implants would be more appropriate than augmentation alone. Only an exam by a surgeon could answer this after extensive conversation with you.

Walter D. Gracia, MD
Arlington Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants if already D cup

+1

Thanks for the question, but without a front view photo , I can not give an accurate response. From your posting the doctor is adjusting for the size difference.

From MIAMI

Breast Implants for 34D

+1

It is difficult to recommend a procedure for you without photos which illustrate your present condition. There are a number of possibilities -- reduction, mastopexy &/or implants -- to deal with your asymmtery. If you plan additional pregnancies, be aware that they may undo any benefit of surgery. I agree that there are several respected plastic surgeons in the Dallas area with whom you could seek a consultation.

John Whitt, MD