Would a D Cup Look Too Big on Someone Who is 5'3?

Size D, to big for 5'3?

+1

It really depends on your complexion! If you are too skinny.. DEFINETELY it will be big! But if you are proportioned, then probably not. That also depends on the kind of implants your surgeon uses. And as importantis the amount of breast and gland if you have! If yours are too small, then they won't because it will create strechmarks all over it (if they are able to place it).

Implant size selection to achieve your goals

+1

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.

Lastly, please make sure your surgeon is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  The proper credentials and certification matters.
Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

Web reference: http://www.basuplasticsurgery.com

Cup size and chest proportions

+1

Not necessarily. Your body proportions are important. In a person with a relatively longer and wider chest a D cup may look natural. While in a person with a shorter and narrower chest, a D cup may look huge.

Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Is a D cup too big ?

+1

Dear Goldilocks,

I would need to know more about you such as your weight, your breast measurements, if any asymmetry, wether you would need a lift too, if you had children, if you breast fed ..etc..there are so many factors to consider, before answering you.

yes a D cup will be large, and may make you appear " matronly "if you are not tall.

you will need to adress all those issues with a Board certified Plastic Surgeon.

Good luck,

Florence Mussat, MD

Web reference: http://www.fmussatmd.com

D cup Too Big?

+1

The same implant in individuals with different body types will give a completely different result.I utilize computer imaging to show the individual what they will look like both in and out of clothes. I would focus on your appearance after surgery not the cup size.

Web reference: http://www.breastaugmentationchicago.com

D Cup on a 5'3 Frame

+1

Size, size, size. It's all relative and each surgeon sees size different just like patients. The best things I can recommend are this: go to a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, make sure you are able to "try on" implant sizers and if your PS offers it to Vectra 3D imaging.

D cup on a small frame?

+1

When choosing an implant for a breast augmentation, I would encourage you not to focus on cup sizes.  Cup sizes aren't really standardized and can vary from manufacturer to manufacter as well as how the bra is fitted.  Also cup sizes will vary based on your chest circumference -- for example, a 34D is different from a 32D, even though both are D cups.  In addition to trying on different sizers in your plastic surgeon's office, your own breast and body measurements will play a significant roll in determining which implant is right for you.  I would encourage you to discuss these issues and your goals with a board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon

Breast Size is a Choice

+1

Thank you for your question. Frame size does have some impact on the proportionality of breast size, but it is not absolute.  Breast measurements do have some impact on the size implant that would fit your tissues comfortably. Going far above the size your tissues will allow can lead to long term problems such as more wrinkling, palpability, capsular contracture and malposition.  This discussion can only happen within the context of an in person consultation.  All the best.

Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

A D cup looks large on anyone.

+1

A D cup implies large breasts regardless of the frame. There's nothing wrong with that if that's the look that you want.

Web reference: http://www.zubowicz.com/subpag,13-atlanta-breast-augmentation.htm

Breast Implant Size Selection for Body Type

+1

Do not focus on cup size or volume when choosing breast implant size. What matters is how it looks on you. That is the role of trying on different sizers in the office prior to surgery, to help you see what they look like on you.

Web reference: http://www.eppleyplasticsurgery.com