Is a D Cup Too Big?

I am 5'1" 145lbs 34yo. Is a small d too big for me? What's the measurement difference between a big c and a small d?

Is a D cup too big for me?

+2

Standardization of bra sizes went away a long time ago.  You can be three different bra sizes at one store.  The most important thing is proportion.  Good idea to find photos that you like and bring them to the Plastic Surgeon's office.  As far as your case goes,  it would be better if you submitted a photo.  Given the height and weight, you should probably be OK, but you relly need to see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.  Together you will discuss your goals and see if they are obtainable.

Web reference: http://www.jjrothmd.com/procedures/breast-augmentation

What's the best bra cup size for a patient

+2

Cup size is not as important as overall body proportion.  There isn't much difference between a large C and a small D. In fact, there is no such thing as a "large C" or a "small D".  Cup size is something the bra makers control, not plastic surgeons. You will either end up as a C or a D, this depends on where you purchase your bra (Victoria's Secret, Macy's, etc.).

I prefer to perform 3D imaging on patients which can actually show them what they will look like with a certain volume of implant. This is much more helpful and accurate than trying to guess cup sizes by placing implants into a bra. 3D imaging is not available in most places, but it can really simulate with great accuracy what you may look like with breast implants in place. I have been using it for almost a year now and patient's really love it.

Dr.Bruno

Web reference: http://www.williambrunomd.com

Cup size less important than your individual desires with breast augmentation

+2

I never guarantee a cup size to my breast augmentation patients. The main reason for this is that cup sizes vary between bra manufacturers. The most important thing is that you are happy with the ultimate breast implant size that you choose. I spend a great deal of time with my patients before surgery carefully selecting the best implant that fits with their breast and chest wall dimensions.

Web reference: http://drkevinbrenner.com/blog/which-breast-implant-style-is-right-for-me/421469

Large breast implants

+2

Large breast implants can be implanted and I let the patient decide on what size she wishes in consultation with me. 1 cup size is about 120-150cc in implant size. The patient should always go a bit larger for the size definitely does decrease with time, maybe due to breast tissue compression. I do take this into account. The patient should ultimately decide which size she wishes for the implants will be with her for many, many years. I am offering an unbeatable all-inclusive price for breast enlargement. Watch my videos.

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Is a D Cup Too Big?

+2

Even with posting your ht. and wt. a photo would have been better. My guess is a 400 cc HP would be OK. but not sure. From MIAMI 

Is a D cup too big?

+2

Of course not; whatever you want (with certain anatomic limitations that your surgeon can clearly ascertain at the time of examination and consultation) is "perfect" for you, and is almost certainly possible with your height and weight! The implant size needed to achieve your goals will be determined by how much of your own breast tissue you contribute to the total volume, and the dimensions of your breast base and the various implant profile diameters at or near your requested implant size.

For more information read my article "What is the Right Breast Implant Size for You?" and for more comprehensive breast augmentation information follow the link below. Best wishes!

Web reference: http://www.mpsmn.com/html/breast-augmentation.html

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Cup size and augmentation

+2

It is hard to predict cup size iwth breast augmentation. Without an exam I could not tell you whether or not he size you chose would be too big for you.

The right breast cup-size for you

+2

A small D-cup certainly is not too big for you, unless of course you feel that the cup is too big. The decision should be yours alone, as everyone has an opinion as to how you should look. Yours is the only one that counts. Go on your own and try on or buy a bra that you would like to wear. Pad it out and try on your clothes at home and give it a test. By trying you will get a feel as to the best you. When you have decided let your surgeon see what your goal is to avoid the too big too small risk.

peterejohnsonmd

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com

How big is too big

+2

It seems to me that over the years that bra manufacturers have engaged in a gradual case of cup inflation (the old c is now the new d). For these reasons I have my patients tell me the cup size they think they want, then I have them bring in pictures of similarly proportioned women whose breast size they like. I have found that often what the patient is verbalizing is not what they are visualizing! Since the number one complaint in breast augmentation is "I wish I had gone bigger", I feel it is important to get as much input from the patient as possible. Since I started doing this years ago my complaints of going too small have dropped significantly! A small D is unlikely to be too big for you. I hope this helps.

Long Beach Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant sizing

+1

The more breast surgery I do the more I realize that there is no correlation between the size or model (profile) of implant used and resulting cup size.  This may have to do with several factors including: the amount of breast volume the patient starts with, the shape of the patient's chest wall (concave or convex), the type and model of breast implant selected (saline/silicone  and low/moderate/high profile), bra  manufacturer variance  in cup sizes, the  degree  of filling of the cup  with breast tissue,  and the subjective differences in patients perceptions of cup size. 
Much of the final “look” achieved after breast augmentation surgery  depends on several factors:

1. The initial shape, size (volume of breast tissue), symmetry of the patient's breasts. In general, the better the  preoperative breast appearance the more likely the breast augmentation “look” will be optimal.

2. The experience/skill level of the surgeon is important in determining the final outcome. For example, the accurate and gentle dissection of the breast implant pockets are critical in producing  long-term  well-placed breast implants. I personally think that these 2 factors are more important than any others, including type (saline or silicone)  or model (low/moderate/high profile)  of implant.

3. The type of implant used may  determine the final outcome, especially if the patient does not have significant covering breast or adipose tissue. For example, some surgeons feel that silicone implants have a more natural look and feel than saline implants because silicone gel has a texture that is similar to breast tissue. Each patient differs in the amount of breast tissue that they have.  If a patient has enough breast tissue to cover the implant, the final result will be similar when comparing saline implants versus silicone gel implants.  If a patient has very low body fat and/or very little breast tissue, the silicone gel implants may provide a more "natural" result.
On the other hand, saline implants have some advantages over silicone implants. Silicone implant ruptures are harder to detect. When saline implants rupture, they deflate and the results are seen almost immediately. When silicone implants rupture, the breast often looks and feels the same because the silicone gel may leak into surrounding areas of the breast without a visible difference.  Patients may need an MRI to diagnose a silicone gel rupture.   Saline implants are also less expensive than the silicone gel implants.
Other differences involve how the breast implants are filled. Saline implants are filled after they’re implanted, so saline implants require a smaller incision than prefilled silicone breast implants.
On May 10, 2000, the FDA granted approval of saline-filled breast implants manufactured by Mentor Corporation and McGhan Medical. To date, all other manufacturers’ saline-filled breast implants are considered investigational.
As of 2006, the FDA has approved the use of silicone gel implants manufactured by the Mentor Corporation and Allergan (formerly McGhan) for breast augmentation surgery for patients over the age of 22.

4. The size and model of breast implant used may  make a  significant difference in the final outcome. Therefore, it is very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" or "top heavy" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.
By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/choosing-your-size.htm