Is a D Cup Too Big?

I am 5'1" 145lbs 34yo. Is a small d too big for me? What's the measurement difference between a big c and a small d?

Is a D cup too big for me?

+2

Standardization of bra sizes went away a long time ago.  You can be three different bra sizes at one store.  The most important thing is proportion.  Good idea to find photos that you like and bring them to the Plastic Surgeon's office.  As far as your case goes,  it would be better if you submitted a photo.  Given the height and weight, you should probably be OK, but you relly need to see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.  Together you will discuss your goals and see if they are obtainable.

What's the best bra cup size for a patient

+2

Cup size is not as important as overall body proportion.  There isn't much difference between a large C and a small D. In fact, there is no such thing as a "large C" or a "small D".  Cup size is something the bra makers control, not plastic surgeons. You will either end up as a C or a D, this depends on where you purchase your bra (Victoria's Secret, Macy's, etc.).

I prefer to perform 3D imaging on patients which can actually show them what they will look like with a certain volume of implant. This is much more helpful and accurate than trying to guess cup sizes by placing implants into a bra. 3D imaging is not available in most places, but it can really simulate with great accuracy what you may look like with breast implants in place. I have been using it for almost a year now and patient's really love it.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Cup size less important than your individual desires with breast augmentation

+2

I never guarantee a cup size to my breast augmentation patients. The main reason for this is that cup sizes vary between bra manufacturers. The most important thing is that you are happy with the ultimate breast implant size that you choose. I spend a great deal of time with my patients before surgery carefully selecting the best implant that fits with their breast and chest wall dimensions.

Kevin Brenner, MD, FACS

Large breast implants

+2

Large breast implants can be implanted and I let the patient decide on what size she wishes in consultation with me. 1 cup size is about 120-150cc in implant size. The patient should always go a bit larger for the size definitely does decrease with time, maybe due to breast tissue compression. I do take this into account. The patient should ultimately decide which size she wishes for the implants will be with her for many, many years. I am offering an unbeatable all-inclusive price for breast enlargement. Watch my videos.

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Is a D Cup Too Big?

+2

Even with posting your ht. and wt. a photo would have been better. My guess is a 400 cc HP would be OK. but not sure. From MIAMI 

Is a D cup too big?

+2

Of course not; whatever you want (with certain anatomic limitations that your surgeon can clearly ascertain at the time of examination and consultation) is "perfect" for you, and is almost certainly possible with your height and weight! The implant size needed to achieve your goals will be determined by how much of your own breast tissue you contribute to the total volume, and the dimensions of your breast base and the various implant profile diameters at or near your requested implant size.

For more information read my article "What is the Right Breast Implant Size for You?" and for more comprehensive breast augmentation information follow the link below. Best wishes!

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Cup size and augmentation

+2

It is hard to predict cup size iwth breast augmentation. Without an exam I could not tell you whether or not he size you chose would be too big for you.

The right breast cup-size for you

+2

A small D-cup certainly is not too big for you, unless of course you feel that the cup is too big. The decision should be yours alone, as everyone has an opinion as to how you should look. Yours is the only one that counts. Go on your own and try on or buy a bra that you would like to wear. Pad it out and try on your clothes at home and give it a test. By trying you will get a feel as to the best you. When you have decided let your surgeon see what your goal is to avoid the too big too small risk.

peterejohnsonmd

How big is too big

+2

It seems to me that over the years that bra manufacturers have engaged in a gradual case of cup inflation (the old c is now the new d). For these reasons I have my patients tell me the cup size they think they want, then I have them bring in pictures of similarly proportioned women whose breast size they like. I have found that often what the patient is verbalizing is not what they are visualizing! Since the number one complaint in breast augmentation is "I wish I had gone bigger", I feel it is important to get as much input from the patient as possible. Since I started doing this years ago my complaints of going too small have dropped significantly! A small D is unlikely to be too big for you. I hope this helps.

Marcel Daniels, MD
Long Beach Plastic Surgeon

Is a 'D' cup too big?

+1
Hello! Thank you for your question. In general, implant size does not correlate with bra cup size. The cup size itself will vary from manufacturer to manufacturer as well as who is doing the actual measurements. Thus, cup size is never a reliable indicator for your breast size. I typically encourage my patients not to communicate her desires in cup size but more on the actual look and appearance.

Good communication between you and your surgeon of your expectations is warranted - choosing your surgeon wisely is the first step. Discussion of your wishes and having an honest and open dialog of your procedure is mandatory (e.g, implant type, incision, placement, lift, etc). I have found that photographs brought by the patient is helpful to get a visualization of the appearance you wish for in terms of size, shape, fullness, etc. In addition, your surgeon's pre and postoperative photographs should demonstrate a realistic goal for you. Once this has been accomplished, allow your surgeon to utilize his/her best medical judgment during the procedure to finesse the best possible result for you after preoperative biodimensional planning and fitting the right implant for your breast width.

Hope me that this helps! Best wishes for a wonderful result!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD