Can I Get Cyst with Submuscular Gel Implants Removed?

I would like to have my cyst removed through needle aspiration and I have gel implants. (behind the muscle). I am guessing my plastic surgeon doesn't have an ultrasonic device for guidance so I am wondering if I should go to him or should I go to a radiologist or other doctor with an ultrasound machine? I am guessing my plastic surgeon would be better because of his experience with breast augmentation but perhaps another doctor would be more suited for this?

Cyst Aspiration With Implants

+1

A radiologist who has experience with ultrasonic aspiration should be able to safely aspirate your breast cyst, especially since your implanys are situated behind your pectoralis muscle.

Cyst aspiration over breast implants

+1

HI,

A good radiologist with ultrasound should be quite capable of aspirating the cyst without hitting the implant.Your plastic surgeon probably has much less experience doing this than the radiologist. Good luck.

Regards,

Daniel Medalie, MD

Daniel A. Medalie, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Cyst and aspiration

+1

Radiologist do needle aspirations of cysts all the time using ultrasound guided techniques. Good luck.

Radiologist for Ultrasonic Cyst Aspiration

+1

A radiologist who has the equipment is best suited to aspirate the cyst.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Cyst removed with breast implants in place

+1

Thank you for your question.  It is quite possible to have a cyst aspirated under ultrasound guidance.  The most experienced individuals for this would be a radiologist who specializes in breast imaging or a breast surgeon (general surgeon) who has experience with ultrasound.  This is an office based procedure that can be successful.  The only caveat being any needle introduced into the breast near an implant will place the implant at some risk of injury.  Seek the expertise of the above mentioned people and they can discuss this with you. 

Good luck!

Brian C. Reuben, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Consists of the breast can be treated whether the implants are above or below the muscle.

+1

Depending on the depth of the cyst and its anatomic location, it can be treated by aspiration or biopsy of the by surgeon or a radiographically guided procedure.

Breast implants, cyst aspiration

+1

I think it would be both in your best interest and safest to find somebody with experience  in this procedure whether that be a radiologist or a surgeon

John Paletta, MD
Savannah Plastic Surgeon

Ultrasonic guided cyst aspiration in women with breast implants - can be done safely

+1

This can be done safely by an experienced radiologist using specialized ultrasonic equipment.  In this way they can visualize and avoid injury to the implant. 

Cyst with Submuscular Gel Implants Removed - HOW?

+1

Many thanks for the question, Breast cyst removal by aspiration is the removal of contents of the cyst while what is needed is the removal of the cyst wall which is a surgical exercise that you PS will do it for you. He can at the same time work on the implant under the muscle. Wishing you good luck.

Ashok Govila, FRCS, MCh, MS
Dubai Plastic Surgeon

+1

This can be done safely, but should be done by someone experienced in using the ultrasound to guide the drainage. That person is not likely to be a plastic surgeon, but rather a general surgeon who does mostly breast surgery, or a radiologist attached to a mammography suite.

All the best.