Cyst Removal Last Week of Tiny Cyst on Back of Neck and Now I Have Lump Twice or 3 Times Bigger Than the Cyst?

It was so small but varied.... Been there for 6 years so just tired of it.....doc cut huge even though I had to put my finger on it for her to be sure( it had shrunk a tad that week) and now I have an inch big lumpy thing on the back of my neck......going back in but weary as never had any issue with a larger one on my back removed but that was by a plastic surgeon not a derm. Cortisone? Stitch allergy? It was lumpy the day I left and has remained the same....not sore but a tad on 1 end.

Concerns about lipoma removal

+1

I think that you are doing the right thing by following up with your dermatologist. The incision for a lipoma removal is typically longer than the size of the lipoma to enable a nice, linear incision closure. Scars on the neck, back, chest tend to heal more slowly than those on the face. However, if you're considered with lumps or the way the wound is healing, returning to your doctor is a great idea. I hope this helps.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cyst removal

+1

Not sure you are having a thick scar or a recurrent mass. see your plastic surgeon for consultation and recommendation