I Have a Cyst Inside Nostril After Rhinoplasty 1 Month Ago. How Long Will It Take to Heal?

I had rhinoplasty one month ago and I developed a cyst or some abnormal mass inside one of my nostril on top of the suture I think. It seems to swell up at times and obstructs my breathing. I wanted to ask what should I do or how long will it take to heal. My surgeon told me itll heal in a week, its been more than a month now. At one point it had mucous coming out of it. I thought it was infected and am taking Augmentin 500 mg TID.what should I do???

"Cyst" in Nostril after Rhinoplasty

+1

You need to be evaluated by your surgeon. We cannot recommend treatment without seeing you, but this is obviously not normal.

Infected cyst after rhinoplasty

+1

Any infection after surgery needs to be properly diagnosed and treated, and you need to be evaluated by your surgeon for appropriate recommendations.

Infected Cyst Inside Nostril 1 Month After Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi Sarah,

You should consult with your rhinoplasty surgeon.  Hopefully the Augmentin controls your infection.  The area needs to be examined.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Possible cyst in nose after rhinoplasty.

+1

You should see your surgeon since this is not normal. He can examine this and give you the treatment for it.