Would cutting the septi depressor muscle result in a less droopy tip and a more attractive nose? (Photo)

I like the overall look of the nose when my face is at rest and I even don't mind the profile look of my nose but when I smile, I feel like the tip droops down so much and looks quite different from when I don't smile. Ive been doing research for a while and I think maybe only having the depressor muscle cut would result in a less droopy tip while still retaining my natural nose shape. Am I correct in thinking this? Also how much would that cost? Thanks so much!

Smiling droopy tip

+1
You are a very attractive young lady. Please be careful.
Tthe best thing you can do is have computer morphing with an experienced nasal surgeon. 
Cutting the muscle is a perfectly acceptable step in nose refinement. It is unusual to do it as an isolated procedure.
You do not appear to have a smiling tip in the photos you submitted. It doesnt mean that you dont have one, just that it was not captured here in a lateral view. It may be the case in the frontal view- it depends on your head position.
The lower third of your face/chin is small in comparison to the rest of your face in these views.
Refinement of the tip and conservative lowering of your dorsum would likely leave you very happy.
Good luck

Gainesville Plastic Surgeon

Releasing the depressor septi ligament

+1
Simply releasing  the depressor septi ligament will not have any affect on the shape of the nose. It will simply limit your ability to pull the nose down when smiling. This can be performed as a stand-alone procedure under local anesthesia, or as a component of a rhinoplasty performed under general anesthesia.

Cutting the Depressor Septi Muscle to Decrease Tip Drop

+1
Although I don't feel that your tip drop with animation is severe cutting the depressor will decrease the changes in tip position with smiling. If you like your nose this is an easy procedure for you that can be done under local anesthesia.

Should the septi depressor muscle be cut during a rhinoplasty?

+1
The septi depressor muscle should not be cut. Cutting the muscle will change your smile! Your upper lip may drop and limit the amount of teeth you will show with your smile. There are better ways to limit the amount the tip drops when you smile. This is done by strengthening the tip by using other more reliable techniques.

Andres Bustillo, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Best looking nose options

+1
Yes, cutting the muscle will reduce tip droop when you smile. However, after reviewing your photos is my opinion that muscle cutting alone will not give you your most elegant, refined nose. I would recommend if you are interested in having your best looking nose-that you consider the following: cartilage reduction of the tip which will more profoundly reduce the droop-- narrow the bones-- and reduce your profile. The combination of these techniques in the hands of an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon will give you your best results.

Thomas Trevisani, Sr., MD

Would cutting the septi depressor muscle result in a less droopy tip and a more attractive nose?

+1
   What you are suggesting is reasonable.  Muscle release will help reduce tip droop during animation.