Will Cutting the Depressor Septi Muscle Shorten my Columella?

I had an open septorhinoplasty done 3 weeks ago. I used to have a slightly dropping tip when I smiled( I didn't ask for it to be changed). After surgery, my columella looks retracted and the base of my nose looks flat. My tip looks wider and more bulbous. My top lip feels stiff. Is it possible that my surgeon has cut the depressor septi muscle? Has this caused my columella to retract?

Rhinoplasty healing time

+1

Dear Lilly23,

1. You should give your nose time to heal
  2. Cutting the muscle does not retract the columella, this is usually due to a structural or swelling issue
  3. The tip will look wide when it is swollen, and you will notice a big difference at the 3-6 month mark (usually)
  4. If you have any concerns, please bring them up to your surgeon

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Web reference: http://www.eosplasticsurgery.com/Rhinoplasty.htm