How to Reduce Cutting Scars from Self Harm?

I have scars from cutting. Is there any recommended treatment? Its embarassing that I did it to myself and now I just want to feel normal.

Evaluation first for scar treatment

+2

There is no one treatment that is universally best for all scars. You need the area examined by a good plastic surgeon to get recommendations for treatment.

Best Regards.

Orange Plastic Surgeon

Trials ongoing for Erbium Resurfacing on cutting scars

+1

Currently we are performing trials using Erbium resurfacing for cutting scars. We cannot tell you the results of this trial at this time but several types of laser resurfacing such as fractional or Erbium may offer hope.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Cutting scars

+1

Unfortunately, once a knife or instrument cuts the skin, the scars are permanent. Sometimes scar revisions can be performed to minimize the amount that are on the arm or other body part.