Is Cutting out Scar Tissue and Sewing it up with Small Stitches an Effective Scar Revision Method? (photo)

Attached is a picture of a scar on my scalp due to a burn. Hair follicles are longer there do to the smooth scar. I was told that the scar revision method may help, so that I will be able to grow hair in this area again. But, I'm afraid that this scar may too large to do the scar revision method. Please help.

Scar revision on the scalp in Los Angeles

+2

Our office specializes in scar revision surgery. This alopecia scar will likely not respond well to simple excision.

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS