Cuts on Nose Two Weeks Following Rhinoplasty? And General Nose Movement?

I had a rhinoplasty 12 days ago. I was using tweezers to remove flaked skin from my nose, and in two different spots, I accidentally gripped the skin and ended up with two very small pink marks. Additionally, I've touched my nose hard enough a few times for the tip to move a tiny bit. And in the effort to clear blackheads, I feel like I might have put too much pressure on the skin cleansing it. At no point did I ever experience pain. Everything occurred at the tip. I'm terrified. Any thoughts?

+1

Dear Visna,

Thank you for your question. In general, you should be very careful with your nasal skin and structures after surgery. The skin is very fragile, and until the tip and bones heal, you have sutures and splints holding it in place.  You probably did not due any damage at this point, but just let your nose heal.

Best Wishes,

Pablo PRichard, MD

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Cuts on nose 2 weeks after rhinoplasty?

+1

In general, it is best to avoid applying pressure and manipulating the nose during the initial recovery period. From what you describe, the pink marks should resolve over time and this is not a huge area of concern. But I would not irritate the area further. You did not likely do any damage by moving the tip slightly, but this is something you generally want to avoid. It is normal to be experiencing blackheads after your cast comes off, and there are ways to help eliminate them that do not involve putting a great deal of pressure on the area. The following may help with blackheads:

1) Microdermabrasion
2) Toner or astringent designed to help with blackheads

I would recommend consulting a board certified dermatologist for specific advice. The fact that you did not experience any pain is good, and it is likely no damage was caused. Your surgeon is a good resource for any further concerns, as they may have a specific protocol they would like you to follow after surgery. I hope this helps, and good luck with the rest of your recovery.

Jonathan Kulbersh, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

In general, if the nose looks the same you are probably OK.  Get an exam from your surgeon.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Rhinoplasty at 12 days

+1

It is unlikely that you did anything to your nose, but you really should not pick at anything during this early healing process.

Trauma to the nose after a rhinoplasty

+1

More than likely you did not do any damage to your nose.  The nasal skin itself it thick and will heal rapidly.  Be careful and try to avoid picking at the skin.  If you are unsure then have your nose examined by your surgeon.  

Post rhinoplasty

+1

You probabley did not do any damage if you do not see a deformity.  Have your surgeon evaluate you to make sure.  Donald R. Nunn MD   Atlanta Plastic Surgeon

Donald Nunn, MD

Rhinoplasty 12 Days Post Op

+1

Relax.  It is highly unlikely that you have damaged your nose.  See your Plastic Surgeon to confirm, and follow his post op instructions for your best result.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD