What Do You Think of Cutera for Facial Hair Removal? And Would You Recommend Laser for Sideburns and Underchin/neck Hair?

Cutera for Facial Hair Removal?

+2

Thank you for your question. I have used the Cutera, and it is a good laser for some hair, but not good for brown or lighter hair. For that, you need a 755nm laser. For dark hair on lite skin, or dark skin, the Cutera is fine. I hope this helps.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Which Laser Hair Removal technology?

+2

Hi HEHC.  The name of the laser is not as important as what type of light is coming out of it and who is doing the procedure.  

There are 3 widely accepted wavelengths of light for hair removal 810 Diode, 755 Alexandrite and 1064 Yag.  755 is great for skin types I, II and II, caucasians.  Diode is great for skin Types I - IV.  and the Yag is great for Skin type V (African) or VERY coarse, dense hair.  So, the answer is that the skin and hair type you have are important in determining which technology will work best for you and since we do not have a picture we can't make a recommendation.

Regarding the person doing the treatments - experience and training does matter.  Even though laser hair removal is not that difficult to master, many practices still do not get it right.  Best way to find a great practice is to go off of a referral.  Alternatively, you could call and ask about their technology and experience.  If they do not know what wavelength of laser they are using, that's a good sign you have found the wrong place! 

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Cutera for facial hair removal

+2

Laser hair removal works well on darker hair and lighter skin, regardless of the location on the body. I have had a Cutera system for many years. I would say it's ok. I also have a Syneron Diode and an Alma Soprano. Both of these systems seem to work better and faster than the Cutera XEO. But in reality sometimes we switch people between lasers too because different hairs can respond to different lasers, so a combination is also a good option.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD