Cut Myself with a Razor Near my Clit a Year and Four Months Ago, Keeps Reopening What Should I Do?

The stupid thing is unbearably painful but tiny. I went to the hospital twice and they found nothing! I've heard you can superglue wounds together. Would this be a good idea? At this point I'm contemplating suicide.

Recurrent wounds on the labia minora

+1

Recurrent wounds near the labia are concerning and should be followed up by an examination. A labiaplasty procedure is usually reserved for labia minora hypertrophy.

Chronic Non-Healing Wound In Circumclitoral Area - What Do I Do?

+1

Recurrent non-healing wounds are best treated by excision with primary closure.  See a Board Certified plastic surgeon.  He or she should be able to determine the location of the problem, whether any excessive bacteria is present, and how best to treat recurrent problem. 

Superglue in this area is of little to no value because mucosa is usually too moist for this mastic to work.  Hospital emergency rooms or outpatient clinics are not the appropriate venue to diagnose and treat this sort of arcane (hard to find) pain.  Needless to say, I believe suicide is a bit over the top as a functional problem solving modality. 

S. Larry Schlesinger, MD, FACS
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Reopening Area Near Clitoris

+1

Any area that continues to reopen may need the margins excised due to buildup of scar tissue.  These areas can then be sewn back together.

Razor injury; keeps reopening

+1

I'm obviously sorry for your distress.

In general, a chronic wound is associate either with some sort of an underlying deficit (such as diabetes) or a foreign body (such as a retained suture or scar tissue, including following a procedure).  I don't know if either of those apply to you but you may need to have some of the tissue in question removed (excised) and then closed primarily.  You may have a bit of scar tissue or epidermal tissue incorporated into the wound, preventing its permanent healing.  Hopefully, removing a little of that will allow this area to heal.

I hope that this helps and good luck,

Dr. E

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS

Razor cut near Clitoris

+1

Although a photo of the injured area would be extremely helpful, typically a chronic recurrent wound of this sort (that reopens) needs freshening up (re-excision) of the edges and formal closure with stitches.  Best to seek an in person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon or gynecologist that specializes in labiaplasty surgery.  Glad to help... @DRRYANSTANTON

Ryan Stanton, MD