I just cut my right index finger with an angle grinder (cutting wheel)? (photo)

the cut is about an inch long between on the inside of my first knuckle. the cut is about 5mm wide and 5 mm deep. no injury to tendon or bone. my doctor said that the wound should be left open since stitching it would make my skin to tight to straighten my index finger. Im wondering if this is the right way to treat this? will my scar be 5mm deep? will my finger not be as flexible as it was before?

Hand surgery and hand scars - Treatment in Los Angeles

+1
Hand injuries can be complex and a follow up visit to a plastic surgeon who deals in hand injuries is appropriate to maximize success in treatment. 

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS

I just cut my right index finger with an angle grinder (cutting wheel)?

+1

Best to seek a hand surgeon's evaluation to determine the extend of the injury. I am not sure your locale but please consider my suggestion..