What Should I Do After I Cut a Mole Off?

I cut a mole off of my forarm and need some advice. It was just a little bigger than a marble. It was skin colored and did not have a very big base to it. it did not hurt and only bleed a little bit at first and everytime i remove the bandage it bleeds due to being stuck to the bandage. What I am concerned about is the possibility of getting an infection or that the mole will grow back. My wife insists that I go to the ER but I belive everything will be ok.

Self-Removal of Moles

+1

While I can never recommend that you remove your own moles, as this can lead to infection, scarring, and could potentially miss a dangerous mole, once you have done so, wound care is important. You should keep the area moist with some antibiotic ointment, such as Neosporin or Polysporin. The area should also be gently cleaned twice daily with warm water and a gentle skin cleanser, such as Cetaphil. If the surrounding skin becomes red and warm, you should see your doctor immediately or go to the nearest Emergency Room.

Pasadena Facial Plastic Surgeon