Custom jaw implant removal, jaw still crooked. Will this ever go away or do i need to shave this off in future?

Dear Doctors, I had a custom jaw/chin alround implant of sillicone. I have it removed since 6/7 weeks now(crooked implant). I dont have any swelling. The jaw is smaller but still looks like the vorm the implant was, one side is bigger as the other side, i feel that on one side i have bone bone then on the other side. Thank you for your help. greetings, Kevin

+1
I would give the post-procedure a while to heal, however, if you can not wait, you can try a filler to balance the jawline.  I use Radiesse to the jawline all the time, and it gives a great masculine jawline. 

Chin Implant

+1
Jaw/chin asymmetry after implants removal is not uncommon due to the fact that the implant can cause some bone resorption. The bone remodeling should be complete by 6 months, if you still see asymmetry then bone contouring or another custom implant may need to be done.

Husam Elias, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon