Where is the Curve on my Nose? Am I Still Swollen?

Hello, I had closed rhinoplasty about 6 weeks ago. My doctor told me he created a slight curve... Although the bump I had is now gone, I have yet to see that curve! Also, he said my nose would be less prominent...It still is! Could it be that the swelling (I thought most of it would be gone by now) is still hiding the curve and making my nose look prominent?

Nasal Tip Swelling after Rhinoplasty

+2

Hi   fashionista55555-

It will take several months for swelling in the nasal tip to subside, especially if the skin is thick. You need to be patient and keep all your appointments with your surgeon.

Sincerely,

Tom Kaniff

Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling of nose 6 weeks after surgery

+1

There's still quite a bit of nasal swelling this early after surgery. Also, depending on how much of a bump was removed you may have skin that still needs to "shrink wrap" or contract to the new smaller nasal framework. This takes time.

I would give your nose time to do it's healing. Also, discuss your concerns with your surgeon who'd be best able to give you a sense of how your healing is progressing.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

6 Weeks After Rhinoplasty

+1

It is very important to remember that your only 6 weeks post-op after a Rhinoplasty, a procedure which is known to produce swelling which lasts 6 months to a year. I think that your result looks quite good for this early phase of healing and will continue to improve.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon