Trying to Get Pregnant, Starting IVF, Safe to Do CoolScupting Zeltiq?

I may be starting stim meds for an IVF cycle in a couple weeks. In the meantime, can I do Zeltiq before all of this?

CoolSculpting while pregnant?

+2

It's unlikely to have any deleterious effect if you were to have CoolSculpting PRIOR to becoming pregnant but due to lack of testing I certainly would not advise you to have CoolSculpting while pregnant.  Since you are going to attempt to get pregnat shorlty you might want to consider delaying the CoolSculpting till after the pregancy since  you will be putting on some weight and some of the belly fatyou would likely accumulate  is hard to shed afterwards.  Good Luck with getting pregnant.

Long Island Dermatologist

Zeltiq and Pregnancy

+2

Due to the staggering expenses NO device can be checked for safety in pregnancy. So the answer to your question is a qualified "I don't really know". However, the procedure freezes a handful of pinched skin fat resulting in the death of these cells. It is reasonable to assume that such freezing should not affect any structures inside the abdomen. That being said, if you want to be absolutely sure, why not wait until you have completed your family (GOOD LUCK in this regard, by the way) and then have any procedure(s) which would give you your Before Baby Body, only better?

Coolsculpting and pregnancy

+1

Coolscultping is a great procedure and works well in appropriately selected patients. I would however recommend waiting to do this procedure until after pregnancy.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

I would not do coolscupting while pregnant

+1
Since coolscupting is an elective procedure, it is best to wait until after your pregnancy is over.  While doing IVF you may feel bloated or swollen from the injections, so I would recommend waiting.

Michele S. Green, MD

CoolSculpting is safe prior to starting IVF

+1

There should be no reason that you couldn't do Zeltiq's CoolSculpting prior to starting IVF.  There is no deleterious effect that would present a problem for your medications or treatment.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Coolsculpting and IVF

+1

I do not think that Coolsculpting would affect the IVF but would probably recommend that you are certain that you are not pregnant before having the Coolsculpting procedure performed.  You may want to consider waiting until your pregnancy is completed since with pregnancy, you may put on some weight, and have the Coolsculpting Procedure performed at that time.