I have HP saline 465cc size 34D, want to exchange for silicone to achieve 34DD. How many silicone cc will be required? (photo)

I have had the HP saline implants for 10 years and have noticed that the right breast is lower and seemingly smaller than the left and also the left breast is slightly firmer. I would also like to achieve more cleavage and would like to know what profile would best achieve this while maintaining fullness. I am 5'7" 145lbs, athletic build. Please advise for the question above.

Avoid large implants

+1
At size 34 each 100 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change. However, you are assuming that implants will solve your problems. Your breasts are pointing inferiorly and laterally, you have no cleavage, the breasts need to be reshaped and repositioned higher on the chest wall. I recommend a new technique called Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast LiftTM. Using only a circumareola incision is it possible to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage. Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection with a minimal size implant. Small round textured silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral since they look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision. Implant profile is irrelevant in the retro-pectoral position since the muscle compresses it. Your implants have descended over the last ten years and adding a bigger implant will not solve your problems. 22% of women who undergo breast augmentation alone require revision within 2 years because they are dissatisfied with the result. You are dissatisfied because your implants have descended inferiorly and laterally, are too big and are too great of a mechanical load for your body to handle. Larger implants will make your condition worse.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

I have HP saline 465cc size 34D, want to exchange for silicone to achieve 34DD. How many silicone cc will be required?

+1
Always best to obtain IN PERSON evaluations. My over the internet guess is a size range from 650 to 700 cc with a lift of the lower breast.. 

Breast implant and cleavage

+1
You would need to be seen in person to be properly evaluated for revision breast augmentation and a lift. Good luck.

+1
A very general estimate is that one cup size is 150 cc to 200 cc of volume.

How many silicone cc will be required?

+1
It's really impossible to give accurate advice without an exam, but if I had to guess for you I would say at least 550-600cc to see a significant difference, but just a guess.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

+1

Thank you for the question and picture.  Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering  revisionary breast augmentation surgery (regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as  “natural” or “DD cup”  etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this (and the attached link) help.

Cups and Implants

+1
Please refer to my response to your other post regarding this issue, as well.  This post has a photo of your current breast appearance, and you note some issues with them.  Although you are not happy with your size and you are looking to enlarge your implants, you already have problems related to these large, saline, HP implants.

Your right appears smaller and firmer, your left larger and softer.  This is most likely related to the nature of the capsule around your implants. On the right, the scar did not expand over time and the implant is being well supported by the capsule.  Your soft tissue envelope (skin, breast tissue and muscle) has not had to bear the weight of the implant, and it has therefore maintained its physical integrity with regards to thickness and expansion. The net result is the breast did not fill out it's lower pole, and this has given it the appearance of being smaller. The opposite has happened on the other side. The capsule that developed is much less resilient, and it has allowed the implant to drop, expanding (and thinning) the soft tissue envelope. This breast looks lower and fuller (bigger).

Your questions regarding cleavage and fullness will need some clarification, best done in a face to face consultation.  A clear understanding of the meaning of those terms to you is important for the surgeon to understand, so that he can address what is and isn't possible. This is best done with direct conversation as well as a physical examination.

You have a few issues here, but I think that you can get a very nice result.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS