I Currently Have 550cc Breasts I Am 21 Years Old What Are the Chances of Having to Have a Lift After Downsizing 150cc?

I do not have saggy skin and it takes alot for my body to receive stretch marks. My Dr has suggested that I may need to get a lift depending on the elasticity of my skin, surely at 21 years old the elasticity of my skin and having the implants for only 18 months I wont need this done?

Will Changing To Smaller Implants Mean A Lift Is Needed

+1

Without your pictures it is impossible to give an opinion of what you will or won't need. However, being 21 years of age doesn't have anything to do with whether or not you'll need a lift. I recommend posting good front and side view photos of your breasts in order to get better feedback on here. 

Please send picture

+1

The need for the lift has more to do with the nipple position,tissue type and patient expectation. Your picture would help.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Implant downsizing

+1

The longer the large implants are in place the more likely you would need a lift.

You are young and with good skin elasticity so you have a good chance of avoiding a lift now.

If your implants are saline your surgeon could remove 150cc's from each implant in the office under local. That would give you an idea of what you would like, and if that is the amount you want removed. Of course, the implants will then eventually fully deflate so you need to be ready for the implant exchange.

Ann F. Reilley, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Downsizing and lift?

+1

If you downsize by about 150 cc's, you may not need a lift It is always best to be seen in person to determine this.  Sometimes a small areola lift can be performed.

Size change

+1

Hi

thanks for the post. Given the info you have provided, it would seem possible that no lift is needed now. Pics would be more helpful, but there is no substitute for an in person exam and face to face discussion of the risks / benefits of doing so. 

Please remember that every procedure carries separate and independent risks. So it is important to weigh all the factors that are compelling you to make this decision. 

Best not to rush into ANY decision about changing them. 

question: did you try on several sizers at the initial consult with your PS? how did you arrive at this 550 size? and how long did it take before you started to think this was too large for you? 

Bennett Yang, MD
Rockville Plastic Surgeon

Do you need a breast lift after changing to smaller breast implants?

+1

Nothing is for sure, and it is difficult to judge your situation without current pictures-- however, assuming there is no breast ptosis (droop) now, going from 550cc to 400cc will probably not necessitate a lift. I would certainly not advocate doing that at the time of implant exchange anyway. I would think the best course would simply be to proceed with implant exchange, and see how you do over the next few months. I don't think anyone can guarantee how this will turn out, and it sounds like your doctor is just covering all the bases with regards to possible risks of the procedure you are contemplating.  Good Luck!

Matthew Concannon MD

Matthew Concannon, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Downsizing Implant 150 cc and Need for Lift

+1

If you have absolutely no skin laxity or droop with your current implants, downsizing 150 cc may not produce much of a change at all.   However, I cannot evaluate the breasts to give you a better answer.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

+1

Photos would help for a more useful response. That amount of downsizing has a reasonable chance of not requiring a lift. You won't know for sure until the implants are out and it may take a few months to resolve.

All the best.