I'm a 38DD and Would Like to Get Implants. My Breasts Are Sagging and my Areolas Are Very Large, How Many CC's Should I Get?

I would like them to be perky and firm. How many cc's would be right for me?

Breast lift? Implants? Both?

+1

With the current size of bra that you wear, it seems that the indicated procedure would be a breast lift or mastopexy. This procedure may be performed with or without implants. If you were to use a breast implant by itself, it will not raise the level of your nipples nor will it reduce the size of your areolae. The detrmination as to whether or not to use an implant needs to be left to the operating surgeon's clinical opinion.

Jose Perez-Gurri, MD,F.A.C.S.

Large Sagging Breasts with Large Areolas - Implants Help?

+1

Your description of your breasts and goal of a "perkier" breast will not be a achieved with an implant. In fact, if you have a large implant place in an effort to lift your breasts, you will only end up with a larger, saggier breast and potentially even larger areolas. It sounds like you very much need a breast lift or mastopexy which unfortunately results in more scars on your breasts but is the only way to truly lift your breast. An implant could be added later if you wished to have a perkier look. 

Braden Stridde, MD
Federal Way Plastic Surgeon

Sagging breasts and larger areola

+1

WIth sagging breasts and larger areola and large breasts, it sound like you need a lift which would accomplish the lift and reduce the areola.  You may not need the implants.  Certainly an exam woudl be helpful.

Sagging breasts and large areola

+1

Based on your description, your size, and your goals, it sounds like what you really need is a mastopexy, or breast lift.  Implants alone will not give you a lift and will only serve to make your areola even larger.  You will have larger sagging breasts and probably be even less happy.  A breast lift involves additional surgery that results in a scar around your areola and then from your areola down to your fold under the breast.  You may then also need a scar in the fold itself, depending on how much excess skin there is.  You really need to consult with a reputable, board certified plastic surgeon to get the best advice.

Jeffrey E. Kyllo, MD

Breast Augmentation/Mastopexy Candidate?

+1

Based on your description of “sagging and large areola” and the goals of “perky and firm”,  it sounds like you may be a candidate for breast lifting surgery ( as well as breast augmentation). It will be in your best interests  to meet with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons who will be able to advise you best after direct examination and full discussion of your goals.

In my practice I find the use of goal pictures to be very helpful.     I have found that the use of words such as "firm and perky” etc. means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.  Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

I would suggest careful due diligence in the process of plastic surgeon selection.