Currently 350 Cc. Going to 550 Cc. 60 Yrs Old, 5' 7", 170 Lbs. Will It Be Too Big? (photo)

I am 60 years old, 5'7", 170lbs. I have breast implants from 1983, silicone, above muscle, 350cc. I am having a revsion Feb 1st. I am currently a 38 C-D cup size. I want to go to 550cc just to get a little bigger size. My current implants have ruptured and need replacing. I actually like the way they look now, but they are hard and leaking. I started at a 34 AA. Now that my skin has stretched over the years, is 550cc okay to go with?

Ruptured implants and upsizing

+2

If you like the size of your current 350cc implants and you just like to get "a little bigger", I think 550cc might be too much in volume and also in weight, causing further sagging quicker at your age.

550cc high profile implants should fit just fine and without a lift they will look larger but also lower. A smaller jump in size with or without a lift might serve you better long term.

Upsizing breast implants usually takes 100 cc's

+2

Generally, to upsize a breast implant to any reasonable amount it takes roughly 100cc's or more.  The 550 implants may work well for you as long as their base width matches your own (you can't just pick a cc number out of the air) and as long as you understand that with your mature looking breasts they may look more bottom heavy.  Good luck with this.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Breast Implant Sizing?

+2

Thank you for the question and picture.

I do not think you will have a problem accommodating a 550 mL breast implant.

The question I have is whether you'll be happy with that breast size/position;  only you will be able to answer the this question. I would suggest that you stand in front of a full-length mirror and review your goals with your plastic surgeon.

In planning your breast augmentation procedure it will be very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice I find the use of goal pictures to be very helpful.  This is because “I little bigger size” means different things to different people.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.

Implants at 350cc and would like to go to 550cc above the muscle

+1

I think what you really need is a lift (mastopexy).  You already look a little top heavy and with bigger implants, with them being on top of the muscle, you are really going to look top heavy and droopy.

Kenneth L. Stein, MD

Implant choices

+1

It is difficult to suggest what implants would be best for you without an exam. It also looks like from the photos that you may benefit from a lift.  Good luck.

Larger Breast Implants

+1

Thanks for including photos. It really helps. I think the 550 cc implant will work for you, but be realistic. Too many women come into the office wanting bigger implants to lift the breast. In fact it is just the opposite. Breast implants weigh a similar amount to breast tissue of that size and we all know bigger breasts don't move up the chest.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD