Current a Saggy Size D. Will Lift & 339 Saline Implants Filled to 360 Make a DD?

I'm 5'7 160lbs. I'm currently a saggy size 38D. Dr recommended under the muscle saline implants. With a classic lift. Today I chose 339 implants filled to around 360. I'm wondering if they will be big enough...I'd like to be a full, perky DD. Everything I read seems like everyone is in the 450-500 range for DD's. Will 360 get me there? Dr. said I have a lot of my own breast tissue, is that why 360's may do the job? Wondering if I should go bigger?

Choose your surgeon with great care, then communicate carefully...

+2

Hi there-

As you can see from the answers already given, there is not going to be a reliable way for anyone to tell you what your bra size will be after breast surgery, or how the volume of the implant will affect this...

I think the best way to give you comfort is to help you get some perspective- and please understand that I am telling you this because I truly believe it is what is in your best interests...

You took your first steps along the path to breast surgery because you wanted your breasts to have a more attractive appearance. Hopefully you understand that you should also be prioritizing your safety as well.

If this is the case, it doesn't make sense for you to be asking surgeons who have never met you, and who certainly haven't examined you, what size implant you should have placed. If one of us was irresponsible enough to tell you what implant to use, and you were naive enough to follow our advice, your chances of being unhappy with your outcome would be much higher...

Your best bet is to carefully and openly discuss your goals with the surgeon you (hopefully) carefully chose to operate on you. He will be the best person, with this clear understanding of your goals, and the clear understanding of your anatomy that only he has at this point, to guide your decisions about the details of your surgery.

Your safety and outcome will depend on the relationship and communication you have with your surgeon- choose the best one you can and then trust him to do his best.

Wanting a DD

+2

Of course, the size you end up with is a combination of: what you start with, the implant size, subtracting any tissue that is removed during your mastopexy.  

While you say that you are wearing a D cup now, sometimes with a droopy breast, the breast isn't as full volume-wise as a D-cup with a perky breast would be - which makes it hard to estimate your pre-op size without photos or an examination.  So women with a droopy D might only have the actual breast volume of a "perky" C cup or even large B once the extra loose skin is removed.  Amazing - but common to see in practice.

Usually, one cup size is in the range of 175-200 cc, so based on that, the implant you are choosing should get you to a DD (or a little more).... but it's really difficult to tell you the final size precisely.  You'll have to put a little faith in your surgeon's recommendations.

Like some of the other surgeons here have mentioned, I also like to have the patients try on a series of implants at the time of the consultation, so I can see what they like in terms of size and shape.  Seeing photos of what you like in terms of shape and size is also helpful.  Since bra sizes are so non-standardized, this is a more helpful approach that just focusing on a certain cup size.

Thomas Fiala, MD

Right Size From Full D To DD.

+2

Dear Kelli,

Without photographs and physical examination, it is hard to provide you with a definitive answer.

Logically, if you have enough of your own breast tissue you will need a relatively smaller implants to achieve a given size compared to someone with less breast tissue.

You will have to undergo physical examination and try out different implants of different sizes during consultation.

That said, it is important that you consult with board certified surgeons of extensive experience who will help you achieve your goal and make a well informed decision.

Thank you for your inquiry and the best of wishes to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Best Breast Implants for Me?

+2

Unfortunate, without direct examination and a full communication of your goals it is not possible to give you precise advice. Assuming you have chosen your plastic surgeon carefully, he/she is the best position to advise you.

During the planning  phase of your  breast augmentation/mastopexy surgery it  will be very important to communicate your goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “D/DD cup” means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. 
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.  Furthermore, I suggest that you do not base your level of satisfaction with the results of surgery based on a specific cup size;  it is probably better to evaluate the end results inserted based on achieving a certain “look” and/or proportionality with the remainder of your torso.

I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct compariso
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible. 

Getting sized for breast implants is much more involved than it seems at first thought

+1

Getting sized for breast implants is much more involved than it seems at first thought. It requires a full consultation with detailed questions to see exactly what your goals are, short and long term. It also requires precise measurements of your current breast dimensions, the dimensions of your chest wall, as well as preoperative photography, standard or 3D imaging.

To see what the best options are for you, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.  I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Implant size selection to achieve your goals

+1

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. Even your fitness levels and other relevant criteria are taken into consideration. It is you who will decide what you are comfortable with.However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for.
This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.
Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Classic lift with breast implants

+1

Hi Kelli,

I strongly discourage larger implants in conjunction with a 'classic lift'.  I commend your PS for suggesting placement of implants below the muscle for better support, but if you are in need of a lift, a vertical scar will only weaken the skin envelope and have disastrous results. I performed anchor, short scar, and vertical scar lifts for many years with unsatisfactory results for patients and self. I abandoned those techniques years ago for an architecturally superior technique for successfully lifting breasts long term. The Ultimate Breast Lift was created using engineering principles to eliminate the vertical scar which weakens the skin envelope. Think about it. Why place a cut at the point of maximum tension? It just doesn't make sense. Then, to make matters worse-add an implant??! You are just asking for trouble. The real genius to the UBL is on the inside-the actual reshaping and anchoring of the new breast mound. Breasts are high and perky with no visible scars.  Do yourself a favor and ask fellow patients that have had both procedures. Do your research! This is a great start!

Kind regards,

Dr. H 

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon