How Do I Cure a Timmy Tuck Infection? (photo)

2 weeks ago I got a TT & last week my drain tubes were infected & I had a high fever so he took them out &put me on an antibiotics. 2 days latr I started noticin that ubove my cut line under my belly btn was getn red, is now from hip to hip under my belly b. He then put me on ciprofloxacin, still red & now huge stretch mrks r on my stomach & where he removed my drain there is alot of PUS comin out &everything (even vag) is so swollen! Im in so much pain but he says everyth is fine What do I do!?

Infection after tummy tuck should be dealt with surgically

+3

You appear to have what sounds like an infected seroma in the lower portion of your abdominoplasty. This should be dealt with in the OR. Call up your surgeon and try to get seen ASAP.

Infection post op tummy tuck

+3

You have a serious infection and should see your PS immediately. It appears you have cellulitis which is not getting better. You probably have an abscess that needs to be drained. Don't wait, this can get much worse.

Kurtis Martin, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck Infection

+2

You have a serious infection and should be in a hospital for incision and drainage, as well as IV antibiotics. If your surgeon won't admit you, go to the ER. Don't procrastinate, go.

Good luck

Peter Fisher, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

+2

Based upon your posted photos and description--- you have a medical emergency! Seek immediate care at a hospital. You may need operative exploration of the TT with drains replace and IV antibiotics/ PLEASE seek care. 

Tummy Tuck Infection

+2

See your Plastic Surgeon and Internal Medicine Doctor as soon as possible.  It is not normal to have a Tummy Tuck infection.  This needs to be addressed now.  Best wishes!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

How Do I Cure a Timmy Tuck Infection?

+2

If you are still feeling badly and still have a fever, I would not accept that everything is fine. If your surgeon is not concerned with this, call your primary MD and arrange to be seen. The combination of these photos and your story suggests a problem that needs to be addressed. All the best.

Infected seroma

+1
You have an abscess from an infected seroma. This will need to be drained to resolve. Call your plastic surgeon ASAP!

Joel Patrick Maier, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon