Translucent Bridge After Non-surgical Rhinoplasty?

I've had non-surgical rhinoplasty (Radiesse) 4 abt 2yrs. I love d height of my bridge. My bdge tends to last pretty long but d part towards my nasal tip dips after awhile. I hv recently noticed tt upon sunlight or against light, my bridge looks orangey n translucent. Is this due to d type of fillers or d amt of fillers used (my nose used to be rather flat) which caused this? M I better off hvg a surgical rhinoplasty to avoid this completely or is there even a way to correct this to begin with??

Issue with Non Surgical Rhinoplasty

+2

A surgical Rhinoplasty would give you the result you are trying to achieve, and in the long term will cost less.  Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for an evaluation.

+1

I can't say for sure without seeing you in person or, at least, viewing some photos but, generally, you may be describing an effect of having filler under thin skin, which is the case for the dorsum of the nose.  Surgery has advantages and disadvantages but this sort of problem is not normally encountered with a surgical correction of the nose.

I hope that this helps and good luck,

Dr. E

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS

Rhinoplasty for Permanent Effect

+1

Nonsurgical rhinoplasty has a role, but this technique is probably overutilized at present.  Rhinoplasty to build up this area would probably be more suitable.

Translucent bridge after Radiesse in non surgical rhinoplasty?

+1

The skin on your nasal bridge can be very thin so the amount of dermal filler used to build up the bridge can put pressure on the skin and vascular system causing blanching or that translucent look. I think trying filler is a good way for you to see if you like the correction before making a permanent commitment.  But once you know you are ready for a permanent change, surgery is ultimately the best and safest way to achieve the correction.  

Sam Naficy, MD

Translucent Bridge after Non Surgical Rhinoplasty

+1

You have provided another reason to have a permanent surgical correction to augment the nasal bridge. Using your own cartilage will ultimately cost a lot less in a young person like yourself and avoid the problem you describe.

Rhinoplasty is Usually Better Than Non-Surgical Injection Treatment

+1

Hi K,

I lk ur riting styl.  U sh hv a rhnoplty.

Choose your rhinoplasty surgeon carefully.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

"Translucent Bridge" of Nose After Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty

+1

I am not sure what you mean by a translucent bridge, but what I can say is that we do not have any problems when using liquid injectable silicone for our non-surgical rhinoplasties. Silicone is an ideal filler for this as it is very precise and permanent.  I recommend you consult with a board-certified dermatologist or facial plastic surgeon experienced in performing non-surgical rhinoplasties. 

Channing R. Barnett, MD

Translucent bridge from fillers.

+1

Translucent bridge from fillers is common if even a moderate amount of filler is used. Besides this the cost of doing this repeatedly is more than a good rhinoplasty by an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon.