Is It Possible to Go from an E Cup to an A or Small B?

Is there a limit as to how small i can go? I would like an A cup, or a small B. My current breast size is an E cup.

A Large Breast CAN be Reduced to a Small Breast

+2

Regarding: "Is It Possible to Go from an E Cup to an A or Small B?  Is there a limit as to how small i can go? I would like an A cup, or a small B. My current breast size is an E cup. "

A very large Breast CAN be reduced and made very small at the cost of permanent scar. You need to be VERY certain that you really want to go from an E to a A or B cup because the decision is NOT reversible.

Breast Reduction to Very Small Size?

+1

It is possible to reduce the breasts size very significantly.   Sometimes  when patients want “almost nothing left”  the reduction should be done in 2 stages.  The concern with the amount of tissue removed is related to blood flow to the remaining tissue;  if too much tissue is removed in one operation the blood flow to the remaining tissue (including nipple/areola)  may be compromised.   Part of the tissue that is left in place is called the “pedicle"; this segment of tissue is responsible for delivering the blood supply to the nipple/areola tissue. If the pedicle is made too small (in the effort to reduce the breasts as much as possible)  then patient will likely have problems with tissue survival.  Doing the procedure in more than one stage allows the tissues to  acclimate to the surgically decreased blood flow before  further tissue removal (and potentially further decreased blood flow)  occurs ( with the 2nd stage operation).

The other concern with overly aggressive breast reduction surgery is patient dissatisfaction  afterwards.  It is not unusual for patients who have lived with very large breasts to want to have as much as possible removed. Care must be taken to be judicious in this removal to avoid an outcome where the breasts  are too small in relation (proportionately) to the patient's other body parts.  Again, it is not uncommon, for patients'  breasts to become smaller ( after the breast reduction procedure) with time and/or weight loss-  breast augmentation may become necessary to achieve the patient size goals.

I  hope this helps.

Going too small with a breast reduction

+1

I just answered the same basic question from a young lady in Tenessee.  Please go to her question for my response.  You will see that going too small can be very shortsighted in the long run.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Extreme breast reduction - E to an A cup

+1

A certain amount of breast substance is needed to carry the blood and nerve supply to the nipple.  Removing so much of the breast tissue to get down to an A cup may not leave enough of this "pedicle" tissue and result in a dead and/or numb nipple.  Not a good trade off! 

I have found that doing a vertical breast lift allows me to go smaller because the "pedicle" is not as long or as bulky.  I have taken a lady from an E to a B with great results but I would not have tried to make her any smaller. 

I have seen many women who are soooooo sick of their large breasts, they "just want them as small as possible" or they "just want them off".  The problem is that these women don't have the experience of having  nicely shaped, perky and proportionate breasts.  I try to explain that there are very nice breasts lurking in their troublesome and uncomfortable and saggy breasts.  It's my job to find these nice breasts.

Also, always be aware that bra sizes are not standardized.  One set of breasts can vary from a B to a D cup depending on the style and brand of the bra.  I NEVER promise a bra size.  Bra size is not important.  Your breast size is what is important.  I tell patients is they like their breasts but are disappointed with their bra size, cut out the tag!

Lisa Lynn Sowder, M.D.

Lisa L. Sowder, MD

Reducing breasts

+1

To have the semblance of a reasonable looking breast, practically you can not go from an E to an A or a B.  There is a certain amount of tissue that need to remain attached to the skin and to the nipple areola complex so that things can heal properly. Usually with an E or larger, patients can be reduced to a C or D comfortable and have a great looking breast.

Aggressive breast reduction

+1

Your are essentially talking about a subcutaneous mastectomy. Yes this is possible but I have encountered patients who have regretted requesting an aggressive breast reduction.

Possible to Go from an E Cup to an A or Small B

+1

Yes it is possible but why? I would think at least a c cup would be better if you are coming from a E cup. Photos would have been helpful. From MIAMI DR. B