How Many Cup Sizes Can I Reasonably Decrease?

Hi I am 52, 5'3", 145lb and a size 32G. Is it reasonable to decrease my cup size to 32C

+1

In general, large breast reductions are better left at D cups, because if the breasts are left too small there is not a great solution.  It would be silly to perform a breast reduction and then turn around and perform a breast augmentation because the breasts are now too small.  You have to realize that after breast reduction, your belly, legs, and arms will appear bigger as well.  Finally, the skin envelope and fullness generated from a D is usually more aesthetically pleasing.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast lifts and reductions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/breast-reduction-photo-galleries.php

Breast reduction

+1

hello,

Firstly, beware of measuring breasts according to bra cup sizes.  These sizes vary considerably between bra manufacturers. 

It is technically possible to make your breasts very small if you wish.  However, the resulting shape will not be satisfactory with a very large reduction.  You should also consider whether the new size is in proportion with the rest of your frame and hips.  If you are starting with a G cup then i would usually recommend going down to a D cup.

Post some photos for a more informed opinion.

all the best,

Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

32G to "C"?

+1

it may be possible to get you into a "C" cup but more likley a "D" ish. However this is a guess. Without seeing you in person it is difficult to say for sure.

+1

From your description, it is obvious that you not only are a suitable candidate for a breast reduction, but it is imperative that you have this done, the sooner the better.  How many cup sizes you will be reduced to is not quite predictable and it depends on what technique is used.  If your surgeon is planning to use the inferior base, Wise pattern technique, which is the most common technique, he probably can reduce you to a D or DD.  If you are hoping to be reduced to smaller than this, you probably would need a free nipple/areola technique.  Your surgeon will be able to explain all of this to you in detail and review the advantages and disadvantages of each with you.

Breast Reduction and Resulting Breast Size?

+1

Congratulations on your decision to proceed with breast reduction surgery. Based on a description of body type and breast size you may be an excellent candidate for the procedure; it is one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform.  
There is no direct correlation between the amount of tissue removed and the ultimate cup size that a patient will wear after breast reduction surgery.
Before undergoing the breast reduction procedure it will be very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastReduction.htm

How Many Cup Sizes Can I Reasonably Decrease

+1

Many thanks for the question. Without pictures all I can comment that its very much passively to reduce a D cup to C cup. Much more reduction is possible if you like .Wish you good luck.

Web reference: http://www.dubai-aesthetica.com/breast/breast-reduction.html

Dubai Plastic Surgeon