I am A cup size, what is the largest (but safe) size you think I could achieve with my measurements? (photo)

I'm 27 yrs old, very slim build, 165cm tall. On consultation, my doctor said I'm quite narrow measuring at 10.3 (right) and 10.5 cm (left. I am a A cup size. He said I would have to use Very high profile implants. I'm hoping to achieve a look very similar look to the last photo I posted that I found on the net. I would like to be a small D cup size.

How large can i go with my breast implants

+2
Hi. The answer to this depends on the type of look you are after with your implants. Your chest width is very narrow and if you have implants large enough to achieve a D cup which are high profile then your implants will look very obvious. If you are after a natural result then you need to have shaped (teardrop) implants which are covered up by your natural breast (these will be relatively small) - if you go larger than this then it is more likely you will see/feel the implants (this is a trade off you may be willing to accept). If your surgeon has a 3D Vectra imaging machine (see the link below), this accurately gives an idea of the result of the different styles of implant. Otherwise it is best to communicate the result you want to your surgeon and ask him to show you photos of patients with similar chest wall size and implants so you understand your likely result. All the best with your decision.

Sydney Plastic Surgeon

I am A cup size, what is the largest (but safe) size you think I could achieve with my measurements?

+2
Over internet we can ONY guess. My guess is a 350 to 400 cc HP implant range. Best top seek ONLY INPERSON opinions.///

High and ultrahigh profile implants

+2
The type of implant used in breast augmentation will be a combination of volume meets dimensions to achieve the look and cup size you desire.

You can have a certain volume focused on a narrow base in an ultra high profile implant, and this will achieve a certain look. The same volume can be used in a high profile, medium profile or low profile implant, but as the profile gets lower the width of the base of the implant increase. 

The result of a wider implant is " side boob" and if this a desired result then the implant that matches your dimensions and creates the result or " look" you are becomes clear.

Put simply , think of the cup size you want and the look you are after, convey that to the surgeon and then he/she can plan the correct implant to achieve the result you are after. for some people it may be with a high , medium or low profile implant.

The key is communicating what you want from the result

All the best

Jeremy HUNT         

Jeremy Hunt, MBBS, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Small frame

+2
I know you want to achieve a certain bra cup size, but you're wanting a 7000 sq ft house built in a 4000 sq foot lot. Your tissues will be stretched out and as thin as you are, I think it will look fake with large high profile implants and there's a good chance you'll ripple even with gel implants. 

I don't want to burst your bubble but get into a plastic surgeon's office, try on some sizers, or get a sizer kit to see what sort of volume looks good without going overboard and out of proportion with your petite frame. I wouldn't advise you to go for big rather than beautiful, especially with a starting point which is attractive to begin with.

Best of luck on your journey.

Victor Au, MD
Chapel Hill Plastic Surgeon

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures. Base on your photographs, you are starting at a great place and should have a very nice outcome with breast augmentation surgery.  However, despite good intentions, online consultants will not be able to provide you with  meaningful specific advice.  Ultimately, in person consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons will be necessary. Careful measurements, dimensional planning, and careful communication will be key.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering  breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your   desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining which operation and/or breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "C or D cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.  The use of computer imaging may be very helpful during this communication phase.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps.

Breast Augmentation

+2
Thank you for your question. You should be able to achieve a full C, or small D. Discuss your concerns with your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to solidify the results you are wanting to achieve. Take the photo that you like in with you to ensure you and your PS have the same goal in mind.

Dr. Rodgers

Christine Rodgers, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

I am A cup size, what is the largest (but safe) size you thing I could achieve with my measurements? (photo)

+1
I would be very concerned about using the Very high profile implants.  Because of their high profile they put a lot of stress on the tissues, both the soft tissues of the breast and the rib cage. You may suffer thinning and/or erosion of the tissues. These implants may have a role in some reconstructive cases, but I believe it is a disservice to use them in healthy young augmentation patients.

It would be better to use the widest moderate profile gel implant and do less potential damage.  Depending upon the design of your bra, I would say the you would easily be a nice full C cup size.  This will also give you a very natural, beautiful appearance.

Linda Swanson, MD

+1
Thanks for your question. This is one that is asked by many women. The answer is not simple because the surgery decisions are not simple. Let me explain..

Firstly, choosing an implant is partly decided on implant size. However, there are different shaped implants available even in the same range (due to the numerous types of implants available). I don't believe you can make this decision by yourself because you cannot possibly know the various models available- that's when your Plastic Surgeon, with all the knowledge, experience and expertise behind him, is your guide.

Secondly, it depends on you. Different women measuring the same chest measurements still have  a number of appropriate implants available. That's when personal preference comes in. You may want a slightly bigger or smaller or more projection look.
Speak to your Plastic Surgeon. This is what we do.
In my practice, patient's 'try on' suitable implants, after we have met and discussed and measured. Then you and I discuss which options are going to work best for you, using my skills and expertise, and your preferences.
Good luck and enjoy the journey.

Mark Edinburg, MBBCH, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Sounds like a good plan

+1
You do have a very narrow breast and will need a very high profile implant to get you close to a D. Don't be alarmed if it takes you a few weeks longer to drop.

Robert Frank, MD
Munster Plastic Surgeon

Size after augmentation

+1
Rather than focus on how large an implant can be used, I recommend you see a plastic surgeon and be sized to find out what size you actually would like and then determine how possible that goal is.  I think you will find that an implant may look much bigger on you for the same size as someone who is heavier.  In other words, a smaller implant may be needed to be a "C" cup or "D" cup on you than someone who is heavier. The largest implant currently made is an 800 cc round implant and this is certainly not advisable.
Best of luck.

Samer W. Cabbabe, MD, FACS
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon