What Cup Size Might my Breasts Be After Augmentation?

I am 5'11, 140 lbs (mostly muscle) with a 25/26 inch waist. I currently wear a 32 A cup and I am virtually flat. I've chosen 600 CC silicone unders and am curious to know what cup size I may end up? My doctor said its impossible to know what cup size, but should I get to at least a DD? My doctor said I have a perfect triangle in my chest too if that helps anything. Thanks!

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Cup Size after Breast Augmentation?

+1

Your plastic surgeon is correct in that it is not possible to accurately predict exactly what cup size you will “wear” after breast augmentation surgery. As you have heard, bra cup sizes will vary from one manufacturer to another. Therefore, it is not wise to base your communication preoperatively, and/or your satisfaction  with the outcome of the procedure performed, based on achieving a specific cup size.

In my practice, I use goal pictures to try to ascertain exactly what the patient is trying to achieve. Patients will demonstrate their goals via these pictures, and will also demonstrate what they consider to be too small or too big etc. The use of intraoperative “sizers”  along with careful measurements help determine the best breast implant size/profile that will most closely achieve the patient's desired outcome.

Best wishes with your upcoming procedure.