I Would Like to Go a Cup Size Larger, I am a 34b Would Like to Be 34c

I got a 34b breast implant about 5yrs ago and would like to go a cup larger to a 34c, what is the procedure to go a cup size bigger? is the same implant used?

Not enough information

+1

It sounds as if we do not have all the information. Do you have existing implants?IS that why you ask if its ok to use the same implants.

Upsizing your Breast Implants

+1

The first place to start would be to obtain a consult and examination by a board certified plastic surgeon.  The same implant is not used since it is the implant that give you the size desired.  The same incision may be used but that is best determined at your examination.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Exchange of implants is very routine and fast recovery

+1

If you want to go up a cup size and you already have breast implants this is a very routine situation for patients. Many women find that over time they may want to add volume to their implants.  The best thing to do is to schedule a consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss options.  Depending on the type of implant you have (saline or silicone), the procedure would involve removing the old implants, sometimes there is a need to do a capsulotomy (to expand the capsule), and put in new larger implants. This is a very routine and common procedure and usually takes even less operative time that the initial surgery and the recovery is often even faster with less discomfort.  If your original implants were saline implants it may also be a time to consider a conversion to silicone gel implants which are the most natural, breast-like implant we have available.  I hope this helps!

Sincerely,

James F. Boynton, M.D., F.A.C.S. 

James F. Boynton, MD, FACS

Revision augmentation

+1

A revision augmentation mammaplasty will replace your present implants with larger ones and give you your desired result. Your old implants are not reused.

Jack Peterson, MD
Topeka Plastic Surgeon

Exchange of implants.

+1

Most likely you need new implants with a larger minimal fill volume to achieve an increase of 1 cup size. From MIAMI Dr. Darryl J. Blinski

Need somewhat larger implants to go up one cup size.

+1

Hi.

You have very reasonable expectations, and this should be easy to do.

During surgery, we use sterile breast implant sizers to actually see which size looks best on you.  Only then, we make the final decision and open the permanent implants. That's why a keep a large inventory of implants in our  office operating room.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

New and Larger Implant Needed to Increase Cup Size

+1

Your present implant cannot be used to increase your cup size.  You would have to have a new and larger implant exchanged for your current implant.  Even if you have a saline implant, it would need to be inflated to a volume which would void the warranty of the implant.

John Whitt, MD

You need new implants.

+1
Bring the size info you have to a plastic surgeon and they will assess what size is needed. Usually the secondary surgery is easier on you and less painful.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Increasing cup size

+1

If you want to increase your breast size by about a cup you will need to get larger implants placed.  Even if you have saline implants I would not recommend just overfilling them. Good luck.