What cup size could I achieve with 457cc Mod Plus? (photo)

5'7", 160 lbs (and losing), 34A, no kids. A PS recommended 457cc based on my measurements. When asked what cup size I want to be, I say a full C small D. But truthfully, I dont know what a full C small D looks like! Help! Suggestions and advice will be greatly appreciated! What result will 457cc mod plus yield?

BBA

+1

There is no way to guarantee a particular bra size. Bra sizing varies greatly between bra manufacturers and a C in one bra will be a D in another. What matters more than the assigned bra size is the way the implant looks on you. The best option for your body and aesthetic goals can be determined in a thorough implant sizing session.

Implant sizing depends on several factors. One of the most important factors is your breast width. Generally, your surgeon will measure your breast width, and then provide you with a range of implant sizes appropriate for your native breast size. There are more nuances to it than just what I've described, but this approach works for most women.

I usually have my patients bring in a large bra and a tight t-shirt to do sizing. I'll then choose 3-4 implants that I feel are appropriate, and have my patients place them in the bra under the tight t-shirt. My patients can then look in the mirror and get a good sense of what they will look like with the provided implant sizes. My patients like this approach and get a great idea of how they will look.

By using this technique, your surgeon can outline a range of appropriate implant sizes that will be aesthetically pleasing, and you make the final decision.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

Implants alone are not enough

+1

At size 34 A each 100 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change. 475 cc implants would take you up 4 cup sizes to a large E small F. I do not recommend implants that large since they will extrude inferiorly and laterally requiring revision. Since your breasts are drooping I recommend a simultaneous lift. Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage. Through the same incision, implants can be placed. Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection with a minimal size implant. Small round textured silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Lower body lift with fat in buttocks 8 months PO scar issues?

+1

We offer implant sizers to our patients so they have an idea of the possible size to chose from the variety of implants being offered..//

Cup size

+1

Your breast will totally be enhanced by that size of implant. This implant will probably get you to a full C cup.

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Breast size

+1

If you have decided on an implant volume, then you can do a baggy test and see if you like the volume.

Cup size is a terrible way to describe breast dimensions

+1

'Cup size' is an inaccurate and misleading descriptor of breast dimension and volume. Choose an implant based on the dimensions of your breast for the best possible long term result.

Scott C. Sattler, MD, FACS

Choosing the right size of Implants for your body.

+1

When making this decision, your body type (weight, height & bra size) are very important factors in the sizing of your breast implants. Based on your body type, 457cc's moderate profile plus would make your breast size into a definite full C small D. However, it is highly recommended that you have a consultation and/or a video consultation to reassure your decision before booking your surgery.

Mel T. Ortega, MD

What size to choose?

+1

I agree with my plastic surgery colleagues...There is no way to accurately predict postoperative cup size. In general, a 400ish implant will give at least two "full" cup sizes of enhancement from whereever that patient is starting out. I think personally a 457 cc silicone gel implant would be a bit big for your frame from looking at your photos. The breast "skin" and tissues can only "stretch so much" at any one time with breast augmentation, and I cannot say this absolutely without seeing you in person and measuring you - but my impression is that that implant is too big for your tissues and frame and frankly "may not fit". I would discuss this with your plastic surgeon and choose an implant that best fits your tissues. I hope this helps!

James F. Boynton, MD, FACS

What cup size could I achieve with 457cc Mod Plus?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures. There is no way to know, with any degree of accuracy, what cup size you will end up achieving with the use of a specific size breast implant. Furthermore, the use of cup sizes as a reference point during the communication/ planning process for breast augmentation can be a source of confusion and/or miscommunication.

In regards to breast implant size/profile that will best help achieve your goals, I think it will be in your best interest to spend more time with your plastic surgeon. Careful measurements, dimensional planning, and careful communication will be key.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining which operation and/or breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "C or D cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate.

The use of computer imaging may also be helpful during this communication process.

Regardless of what you might hear, there is no reliable correlation between volume of breast implant used and increase in breast size achieved.

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps.