What Cup Size Would a 500cc Implant Give Me?

Starting with a A cup, If i were to have a 500cc high profile silicone implant, roughly what cup size would that give me?? Would it make a difference in size if it were over or under the muscle? SO far i think i'm going with under

What cup size would a 500cc implant give me?

+1
Hello! Thank you for your question. In general, implant size does not correlate with bra cup size. The cup size itself will vary from manufacturer to manufacturer as well as who is doing the actual measurements. Thus, cup size is never a reliable indicator for your breast size. I typically encourage my patients not to communicate her desires in cup size but more on the actual look and appearance.

Good communication between you and your surgeon of your expectations is warranted - choosing your surgeon wisely is the first step. Discussion of your wishes and having an honest and open dialog of your procedure is mandatory (e.g, implant type, incision, placement, lift, etc). I have found that photographs brought by the patient is helpful to get a visualization of the appearance you wish for in terms of size, shape, fullness, etc. In addition, your surgeon's pre and postoperative photographs should demonstrate a realistic goal for you. Once this has been accomplished, allow your surgeon to utilize his/her best medical judgment during the procedure to finesse the best possible result for you after preoperative biodimensional planning and fitting the right implant for your breast width.

Hope me that this helps! Best wishes for a wonderful result!

Toronto BBA

+1

There is no way to guarantee a particular bra size. Bra sizing varies greatly between bra manufacturers and a C in one bra will be a D in another. What matters more than the assigned bra size is the way the implant looks on you. The best option for your body and aesthetic goals can be determined in a thorough implant sizing session.

Implant sizing depends on several factors. One of the most important factors is your breast width. Generally, your surgeon will measure your breast width, and then provide you with a range of implant sizes appropriate for your native breast size. There are more nuances to it than just what I've described, but this approach works for most women.

I usually have my patients bring in a large bra and a tight t-shirt to do sizing. I'll then choose 3-4 implants that I feel are appropriate, and have my patients place them in the bra under the tight t-shirt. My patients can then look in the mirror and get a good sense of what they will look like with the provided implant sizes. My patients like this approach and get a great idea of how they will look.

By using this technique, your surgeon can outline a range of appropriate implant sizes that will be aesthetically pleasing, and you make the final decision.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

Sincerely,

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Implant Selection Process

+1

Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.

The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.

I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.

Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Breast augmentation and cup size

+1

We do not perform augmentation procedures to achieve a specific cup size.  The reason is that cup size varies by bra designer.  Cup size is not standardized.  Rather, its about achieving your size goals. 

I help my patients select the correct size with two methods:

1. Dimensional planning and
2. A Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. Even your fitness levels and other relevant criteria are taken into consideration. It is you who will decide what you are comfortable with.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for.

This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

+1

What Cup Size Would a 500cc Implant Give Me? This rougly works out to 2-3 cup sizes larger  dpending on several factors. You lose about 15% when placing under the muscle.

A 500cc implant adds approximately 2.5 cup sizes to your present measurement

+1

Rule of thumb is that for every 200cc added a patient will experience a one cup increase over her present cup size. Using this rough calculation a 500cc implant would add two and one half cup sizes to your measurements.  In your case this size implant will enlarge you to between a C and D cup. I personally do not believe there is an appreciable difference between placing an implant subglandular versus submuscular. However, some would argue that a given implant appears smaller submuscularly.

David A. Ross, MD

500 cc implants

+1

Without examinng you, it would be difficult to say what final cup size you would be.  A 500 cc implant is quite large and is not the best choice for a small person.

500 cc breast implants are too big for most women.

+1

How to pick breast implant sizes

Answer by George J. Beraka, MD
1) This is the most common type of question on RealSelf.

2) It is the surgeon's job to pick the right breast implants, not the patient's. Implant selection is really pretty technical.

3) Make sure your surgeon REALLY understands the look you want. Mentioning a cup size is not enough. Show your surgeon pictures of breasts you like.

4) Then your surgeon has to tell you if your chosen look is realistic for your anatomy. The most common mistake is to go too big.

5) I recommend that the surgeon NOT make a final implant choice in advance, because this is just an educated guess.

6) The surgeon should have a large inventory of different size and shape implants available in the operating room.

7) Then the surgeon can put sterile disposable implant SIZERS in your breasts during surgery, to see what a particular implant really looks like inside you. This is how to make the best choice. A sizer costs only $45, and takes all the guess work out.

8) Finally, the sizer is discarded, and the correct breast implants (based on what you want and on your anatomy) are opened from the operating roon inventory, and put in your breasts to complete the operation.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Cup Size with Breast Implants

+1

Cup size is determined by your anatomy and ratio of your breast and chest measurements.  So, a 500 cc implant would make a much larger change in cup size in a small person versus a larger person.  So, it is impossible to say what cup size you will be without knowing your measurements.  However, every 150 to 200 cc of implant will usually increase cup size by 1 in an average sized person.  Good luck.

David Shafer, MD

IMPLANT SIZE DOES NOT CORRESPOND WITH CUP SIZE

+1

Unfortunately, implant size does not correspond with a cup size.  Two women, with the exact same tissue and implants, can wear two totaly different sized bras.  It all depends on your breasts, chest size and shape, height, etc.  In general, though, a 500cc implant should make anyone in the D/DD/DDD cup size, depending on what chest size you are 32/34/36, etc.  I hope this helps.

Christopher V. Pelletiere, MD
Barrington Plastic Surgeon