D cup implants going on 11 years: Want to get a breast lift through the nipple only - can it be done?

Breast lift through the nipple...

+1
As you can see, the mayority of doctors responding are hesitant about offering you a breast lift through the nipple (In reality it's done around the areola so it's called periareolar, circumareolar or doughnut mastopexy. Sometimes it's called a Benelli mastopexy for the Plastic Surgeon that described a particular form of periareolar mastopexy with the use of a permanent mesh) The reason is that it's not easy to get great results with this type of lift and there is a very narrow group of patients that truly benefit from it.  If you try to use that kind of lift in a patient whose breasts are beyond certain dimensions then the results can be very disappointing.  Some doctors never use that style of lift for the same reason.  Plastic Surgery is not a black and white kind of specialty, you can get many opinions from many Plastic Surgeons for their choice of procedure for the same given patient.  The reason for that is that there is a lot of artistry involved in each procedure and many ways to achieve it. Since you didn't submit photos or measurements I won't be able to give you and opinion in your particular situation but I certainly recommend you to visit with a board certified Plastic Surgeon with a good reputation or better yet with a few of them before you commit to surgery... DrBrou

Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon

Lift after many years of having an implant

+1
can be done but a Benelli lift will likely leave you very disappointed.  Benelli lifts flatten projection and that is not what most people desire.  Talk to your surgeon about the options and choose what will work best for you... and if your surgeon says a Benelli will do the trick, get it in writing that your surgeon is going to produce the result that you desire.

Curtis Wong, MD

+1
Pictures or an exam would help make this determination.

For the lift, I typically start with the smallest incision and custom tailor each breast lift to the shortest scar possible.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of breast lifts each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Breast Enhancement Surgery

+1
Unlikely, conceptually if you have really long breasts to cone them would require a vertical incision. WIthout it you will not achieve improved shape and contour

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC

BBA

+1
It depends.  Can you please post a photo so that we can offer suggestions or our opinion?  Without a photo, there's no way to provide a helpful answer.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Breast lift through nipple?

+1
I think you mean through the areola, and that really depends upon what your breasts look like. Most are done at least with a  lollipop incision and sometimes with an inverted "T" incision.  Best to be seen in person.

Is it possible to do a lift through the nipple only?

+1
Thank you for your question. Yes, it is possibe to do a lift through the areola only. This is called a periareolar lift, but it is not a very powerful lift. There are very few people that will benefit from this lift alone. Without photos or an examination, it is impossible to determine if this lift is best for you. Visit with a local plastic surgeon who can help you determine what is best for you.

Brian C. Reuben, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift techniques

+1
Thanks for your inquiry, but without pictures or measurements it is hard to advise you on the breast lift technique options available to you.  Please seek the opinion of a board certified plastic surgeon who has much experience with revision surgery. Good Luck.

Vishnu Rumalla, MD

+1
It is difficult to suggest the appropriate typr of lifting without photos. Having said that, in my office I try to perform the majority of the breast lifts through the areolar approach which really minimizes scarring. But, you need to be evaluated.

George Lefkovits, MD

Breast lift?

+1
Without a picture, it is difficult to evaluate which kind of breast lift would work best for you.  The goal of a breast lift operation is to elevate the nipple/areola to a higher position and to tighten the skin below the breast to give it a perkier appearance.  The trade-off is scars on the breast.  I would recommend that you schedule an appointment with a board-certified plastic surgeon so that he/she can evaluate you and tell you which breast lift procedure might work best for you.

Edwin C. Pound, III, MD