Get A Cup Implants for AA Bra Size?

I'm a small person, age 20, 5', 110lb. My bra size is literally smaller than a AA. I don't want to be big, I just want something.A little pad, maybe a bit of cleavage.I dance and am active and don't want big jugs in my way, but I am tired of looking like a boy.A cup implants or a small B? Or some other procedure?It seems like everyone talks like C cup is the bare minimum but I cannot see myself with those. I'd like to avoid surgery altogether; even wonder if I might still grow a bit. Best option?

Small Breast Implant

+4

Yes, you can go up by one cup size. Your options include;

• Small implant ( 100- 150 cc implant)
  • Fat grafting
  • Weight gain
  • Hormone therapy as indicated by your OB/GYN

Hope this was helpful.

A cup sized breast implants

+2

Yes you can get  A cupped size breast implants.  Implants come in a wide variety of sizes and shapes.  In my practice I have patients try on the various sizes and shapes to see what they like and what best fits their individual body.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Get the Size Implants That Please You!

+2

You definitely can get the size that pleases you!

Other people's idea of what may be "worth it" are irrelevant: Cosmetic surgery is not a democratic process: your vote is the only one that matters!

During your consultation, take time wit trying on different size implants. You'll know the right size for you when you see it. Choose the size that helps you fill out a bra or a blouse the way that pleases you.  If your surgeon will let you, ask to wear the sizers home and wear the all day to get used to your new look.

If your surgeon has a 3-dimensional imaging device for breast augmentation, seeing your own augmented image in 3-D may be tremendously helpful in your size selection and feeling more confident in your choice for surgery.

Paul C. Zwiebel, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Using small implants

+2

Breast implants come in a range of sizes with the smallest implants being 125cc for saline and 100cc for silicone. Whether you will remain an a cup depends on your body size and amount of existing breast tissue. But the real question is "do you really want to stay only an A cup". Usually at least a B cup is required to give you a little fullness to hold up your tops.

Terry Zimmerman, MD
Folsom Plastic Surgeon

Smaller breast implants

+2

You are a smaller framed person and I am sure you do not want to be overwhelmed with large breasts.  My key to fitting an implant for a particular patient is measuring the diameter of the breast and trying to approximate that with a similar diameter implant.  This will probably give you a larger implant than you were originally planning on.  After the measurement we try on some implants and see what you are comfortable with.  Ultimately it is all about your vision of your body image.  A smaller implant will lead to a wider cleavage which can be unattractive in the extreme.  Also, the most common complaint after breast augmentation is, " If i had to do it over I would go with a larger implant".

Wishing you all the best,

Tal Raine MD

Talmage J. Raine, MD

Breast implants are available in all shapes and sizes: from a small 'A' to multiple 'D's!

+2

Many women seeking breast augmentation want a dramatic change in the size and shape of their breasts.

However, other women only want a subtle, natural result - i.e. the effect of the padding they wear in their bra, but without the need for padding!

Implant manufacturers make breast implants in a variety of shapes and sizes - from as small as 50 cc volume up to 800 cc and sometimes larger!

Breast implants also have different "profiles" or degrees of projection, from low, moderate, to high

A small implant may be just what you are seeking to achieve your desired result.  Bringing in your bra and showing the amount of padding you wish to create in a surgical result will help to communicate your specific wishes. 

Be sure to visit a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in consultation for breast augmentation.  Ask to see before and after photos of women with similar body types to you, and with results similar to what you are seeking!

Karen M. Horton, M.D., M.Sc., F.R.C.S.C.

Karen M. Horton, MD

Breast implant size and cup size

+2

Breast implant volumes are measured in cc's, not cup size.  I suggest you have a consultation with a plastic surgeon who lets patients try sizers during the visit.  This way you can find a size that satisfies your goals.  As long as you like the new size of your breasts with the implants you have chosen, the bra cup size becomes a non-issue.

Bruce Genter, MD
Abington Plastic Surgeon

Small implants are an option for patients will small frame

+2

There are many sizes and styles of implants.  There is definitely one that will fit your body's frame and meet your goals.  We perform these surgeries all the time on models, yoga instructors, and other patients who are tiny.  Your plastic surgeon will measure your breast to determine the proper width implant.  Within that width, there are multiple sizes, including small, that would work for you.  Performing augmentation surgery using a smaller implant actually makes our job easier.  You certainly do not have to be a C cup.  In general, you will increase one cup size for every 100-150cc.  Your surgeon will work with you to select the right size implant.  The only other thing is that silicone implants tend to look more natural, especially in small people.  Howevery, they are only approved for age 22 and older.  Be extra cautious with saline implants that they are not too big.   Hope this helps.

Tracy M. Pfeifer, MD, MS

Tracy Pfeifer, MD

There are implants designed that produce subtle changes in breast size

+2

At 20 years of age it is highly unlikely that you will suddenly and spontaneously develop larger breasts.In addition, outside of augmentation surgery there are no other reliable modalities for increasing ones breast size. But breathe easy, surgeons performing breast augmentation have great flexibility in their choice of implants and there are implants available to satisfy any ones particular tastes, large or small. There is no problem in augmenting a breast in a subtle way. Consult a surgeon and ask to literally try on various size implants to see which one gives you the look you desire. With your anatomy this simple maneuver will give you a very realistic look at your potential augment result and help you choose the implant size that fits your needs.

David A. Ross, MD

How to pick an implant size for breast augmentation

+2

In our office, we have patients try implants with a bra in front of the mirror. The size of the implant is chosen based on the physical exam, the amount of breast tissue and skin available.

With this technique, assuming you are honest with yourself, patients are very pleased with their final size.

There are many types of implants, and you should be able to find one which is "conservative" .

Michael A. Jazayeri, MD
Santa Ana Plastic Surgeon