How Far Can A Cup Girl Go ?

hello doctors.. i want to ask you about implant size for me i need an expert's opinion about it i'm 120 lbs 5'1'' 13cm breast base i want the largest size i could get but i need to be realistic about it my doctor said 300cc but i don't want that size at all i want bigggger i will not go under for just a little change please tell me what is the beast size for me i want to be like the girl in the photo she even look like me before

Large sized breast implants in a thin A cup individual

+2

Please read my article about larger implants and their risks:

There are numerous increased risks associated with this, and I am sure I will not even touch on half of them, but consider the following.

The size of the implant has been associated with:

1.Increased risk of loss of nipple sensation
2.Increased risk for long term breast ptosis (sagging)
3.Increased risk for chest wall deformation (curving of the ribs)
4.Increased risk of rippling or palpable /visible creases
5.Increased risk of lower pole tissue attenuation (thinning of the tissues of the breast)
6.Increased risk of secondary revisionary procedures
These are a few of the risks off the top of my head. Please discuss with your surgeon.

Most importantly, remember that although you are seeking breast enlargement, many women present complaining of breast overgrowth desiring breast reduction. These women report limited physical activity, neck/back/shoulder pain, shoulder grooving from bra straps, numbness in the fingers, rashes beneath the breasts, etc.

Many of these women feel significant relief with reductions as small as 300 cc yet you are considering adding twice that to your breasts. Think it over carefully.

Breast implant sizing

+1

The more breast surgery I do the more I realize that there is no correlation between the size or model (profile) of implant used and resulting cup size.  This may have to do with several factors including: the amount of breast volume the patient starts with, the shape of the patient's chest wall (concave or convex), the type and model of breast implant selected (saline/silicone  and low/moderate/high profile), bra  manufacturer variance  in cup sizes, the  degree  of filling of the cup  with breast tissue,  and the subjective differences in patients perceptions of cup size. 
Much of the final “look” achieved after breast augmentation surgery  depends on several factors:

1. The initial shape, size (volume of breast tissue), symmetry of the patient's breasts. In general, the better the  preoperative breast appearance the more likely the breast augmentation “look” will be optimal.

2. The experience/skill level of the surgeon is important in determining the final outcome. For example, the accurate and gentle dissection of the breast implant pockets are critical in producing  long-term  well-placed breast implants. I personally think that these 2 factors are more important than any others, including type (saline or silicone)  or model (low/moderate/high profile)  of implant.

3. The type of implant used may  determine the final outcome, especially if the patient does not have significant covering breast or adipose tissue. For example, some surgeons feel that silicone implants have a more natural look and feel than saline implants because silicone gel has a texture that is similar to breast tissue. Each patient differs in the amount of breast tissue that they have.  If a patient has enough breast tissue to cover the implant, the final result will be similar when comparing saline implants versus silicone gel implants.  If a patient has very low body fat and/or very little breast tissue, the silicone gel implants may provide a more "natural" result.
On the other hand, saline implants have some advantages over silicone implants. Silicone implant ruptures are harder to detect. When saline implants rupture, they deflate and the results are seen almost immediately. When silicone implants rupture, the breast often looks and feels the same because the silicone gel may leak into surrounding areas of the breast without a visible difference.  Patients may need an MRI to diagnose a silicone gel rupture.   Saline implants are also less expensive than the silicone gel implants.
Other differences involve how the breast implants are filled. Saline implants are filled after they’re implanted, so saline implants require a smaller incision than prefilled silicone breast implants.
On May 10, 2000, the FDA granted approval of saline-filled breast implants manufactured by Mentor Corporation and McGhan Medical. To date, all other manufacturers’ saline-filled breast implants are considered investigational.
As of 2006, the FDA has approved the use of silicone gel implants manufactured by the Mentor Corporation and Allergan (formerly McGhan) for breast augmentation surgery for patients over the age of 22.

4. The size and model of breast implant used may  make a  significant difference in the final outcome. Therefore, it is very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" or "top heavy" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.

How do you choose an implant size

+1

Choosing a cup size is one of the most important decisions you can make when proceeding with breast enhancement.  And, depending on the personal aesthetics of both you and your surgeon, a variety of answers can be given. 

First, I would agree that the photos you show are actually not a great result and show bottoming out.  This happens when the fold is adjusted too low (as compared to the original fold position) and the nipple to fold distance increases too much causing the nipple to ride high on the breast.  To avoid this, we generally try and adjust the fold as little as possible but with the understanding that it may need to be slightly lowered if your distance is short or if you are looking at larger implants. 

If your base width is 13 cm, then you really could look at a larger implant than 300 cc in the MENTOR High Profile implants.  My recommendation would be to see a few plastic surgeons, determine what their personal aesthetics are (do they like larger or smaller implants for their patients) and listen to what they recommend for you personally.  Also, make sure and review their before and after galleries to see which photos you like best and which represent the look you are striving for.

I hope that helps!

Gregory A. Buford, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Implant choice

+1

The actual implant size for you really depends upon your goals and your anatomy.  If your skin envelope is tight and you chest wall size is narrow,  you may not bea ble to get larger implants.

Impant size selection for 'A' cup patients

+1

First of all- the photo set you provided depicts a woman with implants that have bottomed out on both sides- this is bad result. Implant selection is based on the base width of your breast and the distance from the fold beneath the breast to the nipple- if you want to go high-volume, consider a high-profile implant.

Scott C. Sattler, MD, FACS

How far can you go with an A cup?

+1

The base width is just a starting point for determining breast implant size. At the very least, I would like to know the anterior stretch, in other words, how far anteriorly the areola can be pulled forward. If you have a tight envelope (stretch < 2cm) then I usually subtract volume from my estimatin of size. If the envelope is very lax (> 3 cm) then I add volume to the estimation.

THe woman in the photos looks like she has a tight envleope, but of course you cant tell for sure without measuring. If you place an impalnt larger than recommendedl, then you dramatically increase the chance of lower pole stretch - bottoming out of the breast where the lower part of the breast is the majority of the volume, the nipple rides too high and there is loss of fullness in the upper breast. The photos you attached are a perfect example of this situation.

Mark D. Epstein, MD
Stony Brook Plastic Surgeon