Im an a Cup Currently Goin with 350cc What Will Be my Final Cup Size?

Final cup size after breast augmentation

+2

Final cup size after augmentation can be tricky to predict as bra sizes are subjective based on the manufacturer and results with the same implant will vary among patients based on their body dimensions. The most important thing is to decide is how you want to look not what bra size you want to wear. At my clinic, The Plastic Surgery Clinic, our breast augmentation patients all have the opportunity to try on sizers (sample implants) and/or computer imaging to help them gauge what size implant they would like to go with. Showing your surgeon before and after photos of augmentations you like can also help to describe the look you hope to achieve.

I'm an 'A' cup currently going with 350cc - what will be my final cup size?

+1
Hello! Thank you for your question. In general, implant size does not correlate with bra cup size. The cup size itself will vary from manufacturer to manufacturer as well as who is doing the actual measurements. Thus, cup size is never a reliable indicator for your breast size. I typically encourage my patients not to communicate her desires in cup size but more on the actual look and appearance.

Good communication between you and your surgeon of your expectations is warranted - choosing your surgeon wisely is the first step. Discussion of your wishes and having an honest and open dialog of your procedure is mandatory (e.g, implant type, incision, placement, lift, etc). I have found that photographs brought by the patient is helpful to get a visualization of the appearance you wish for in terms of size, shape, fullness, etc. In addition, your surgeon's pre and postoperative photographs should demonstrate a realistic goal for you. Once this has been accomplished, allow your surgeon to utilize his/her best medical judgment during the procedure to finesse the best possible result for you after preoperative biodimensional planning and fitting the right implant for your breast width.

Hope me that this helps! Best wishes for a wonderful result!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

BBA

+1

There is no way to guarantee a particular bra size. Bra sizing varies greatly between bra manufacturers and a C in one bra will be a D in another. What matters more than the assigned bra size is the way the implant looks on you. The best option for your body and aesthetic goals can be determined in a thorough implant sizing session.

Implant sizing depends on several factors. One of the most important factors is your breast width. Generally, your surgeon will measure your breast width, and then provide you with a range of implant sizes appropriate for your native breast size. There are more nuances to it than just what I've described, but this approach works for most women.

I usually have my patients bring in a large bra and a tight t-shirt to do sizing. I'll then choose 3-4 implants that I feel are appropriate, and have my patients place them in the bra under the tight t-shirt. My patients can then look in the mirror and get a good sense of what they will look like with the provided implant sizes. My patients like this approach and get a great idea of how they will look.

By using this technique, your surgeon can outline a range of appropriate implant sizes that will be aesthetically pleasing, and you make the final decision.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

Sincerely,

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Getting sized for breast implants is much more involved than it seems at first thought

+1

Thank you for your questions.

Getting sized for breast implants is much more involved than it seems at first thought. It requires a full consultation with detailed questions to see exactly what your goals are, short and long term. It also requires precise measurements of your current breast dimensions, the dimensions of your chest wall, as well as preoperative photography, standard or 3D imaging. That being said. I cannot tell you exactly what size you will be.  I have never seen you and have no photos or measurements.

To see what the best options are for you, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.  I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Final cup size after augmentation

+1

The actual cup size after breast augmentation will depend on the chest circumference, and the starting amount of breast tissue. For most A cups, the 350cc imlpant might be a full B, or perhaps and full C cup. The best judge for the look you want is photos and trial bras as the numbers are always a best guess, and individuals don't want our best guess as to outcome.

Breast size following augmentation

+1

Hard to give you an exact answer since many factors are involved.  In general, depending upon your breast base width then every 200 cc will take you up about a cup size.  You may also consider a plastic surgeon who uses the Vectra 3D imaging system.  This can give you a better idea about what the implant will do for your.  

350 cc and cup size

+1

Dear Missyu,

It is impossible to answer.

You need to provide a picture of yourself, your height, weight, wither you had children or not before etc...

Also there are so many variable physical factors to look at such as the position of the nipples, skin thickness, breast tissue thickness, the width and height of each breast etc..

you need to discuss all this with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who will measure all these factors adequately and can make you try on sizers in the office with an appropriate bra.

I always lend a pair of sizers for my patients to walk around for 1 week, and count about 10 % more for the fact the implants will be under the chest muscle.

good luck

Florence Mussat, MD

Florence Mussat, MD

Cup size Vs Implant size

+1

The relationship between the cup size and implant size is not straightforward. In general, each 150 cc will take you one cup size higher. But, even with that, it depends on the bra shape and manufacturer. The best way to address it is to address that issue in detail during your consultation and seeing before and after photos of patient with similar breast size and body habits. It is also helpful if you bring to the consultations sample photos of what you would like.

Moneer Jaibaji, MD

Cup size after breast augmentation depends on not only implant size, but what breast volume you start with.

+1

You state that you are starting with an A-cup in breast size, but this can mean a number of different things to different women and different bra manufacturers. Thus, variable number one.

Secondly, plastic surgeons do not agree on what volume corresponds to specific cup sizes, though for rough figuring, I have found over two decades and thousands of breast surgeries that it takes about 250cc to equal about one cup size.

You would, therefore, be adding about 1 1/3 cup to whatever breast volume you are starting with. This, by my calculation, would make you a full B-cup, or maybe a C-cup at Victoria's Secret.

The best way to determine implant size is to bring your surgeon photos of desired breast size (goal photos), try on implants in a bra and stretchy top, and add about 50-100cc to whatever size you like in the bra and stretchy top. Your surgeon should already know this if he or she is experienced in breast augmentations and does over 100 per year.

Remember, it's not about a number on the implant or a letter on the bra label--it's about the "look" you wish to obtain. Clothing can shape, push up, or conceal breasts in lots of different ways; it's just good to have adequate volume to be able to do those things! For more information read my article on my "About" page (more articles) on this site titled "What is the Right Breast Implant Size for You?" or click on the link below. Best wishes!

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon