Will D Cup Breasts Look Good on Me with Grade1 Ptosis and No Lift?

My PS said I need a lift however in my pencil test it barely stays there before falling and my nipple is above the pencil. I cannot afford to do a lift and really do not want the scars. My PS is planning on doing complete unders, all 4 muscles and a saline implant. That is the only position he is willing to do on me. I'm afraid that I will never look good because I cannot get a lift. Based on my pictures and description, do you think the under the muscle implants will look good?

Surgery

+1

The position of the nipple and areola with relation to the inframammary crease is important. Even more important are some photographs!!

+1

This may be hard to answer even based on an actual exam. All the moreso without photos. 

If indeed you have grade 1 ptosis, this usually does not require a breast lift. Implant size should be based upon your anatomy. If you are going from a A to a D, these may not look good. But there is not enough info hear to answer properly. 

Thanks and best wishes. 

Mastopexy vs breast augmentation

+1

You did not include your pictures.  It sounds like you will not need a lift.  You will need an implant with the proper diameter corresponding to your breast diameter.

Talmage Raine MD FACS

drraine.com

Talmage J. Raine, MD

D cup and implants only?

+1

Without an exam it is impossible to pick out the right implants for you. This is done after an extensive review with my pateints on exam and discussion of their goals.  As for a lift, implants will not give you a lift. If you need a lift I suggest you get one.

Breast implants and lifts

+1

Hi, your photographs have not uploaded.

In general, grade 1 ptosis is normal (i.e. not really a ptosis) - this matches your description. However, your surgeon must have a reason for suggesting a lift.

I personally feel that no one should undergo surgery unless they are 100% sure of all the details  May I suggest that you discuss all your concerns with your surgeon, and if that does not work out, perhaps get a second opinion?

Anindya Lahiri, MBBS
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation with Mild Ptosis

+1

For many patients with mild ptosis (sagging) a nice result can be achieved if an adequate sized implant is utilized.  Though you aren't showing pictures, it sounds like you might be a good candidate for an implant to give you a D cup size and correct the mild ptosis which you have.  For patients that are borderline in terms of needing a breast lift as well as an implant, I often offer a crescent lift, in which only a small half-circle incision along the upper edge of the pigmented areola skin is required.  This is something you might want to discuss with your plastic surgeon if you are concerned about whether the breast implant alone will achieve your desired result.    

Steven L. Ringler, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Grade I Ptosis and Breast Implants

+1

I cannot see any pictures, but if you are grade I ptosis, even breast implants under the muscles can correct that small amount of droop. 

Implant only with ptosis present

+1

Without pictures, it is difficult to give you an accurate answer.  In general, using implants only to correct true ptosis is not a good solution.  Placing large implants above the muscle will often temporarily improve the problem if there is minimal ptosis.  However, you will develop problems long-term as your already stretched out breast tissue becomes worse with a large implant in place.  The best solution, if there is true ptosis, is usually to perform a lift with placement of implants.  If there is very minimal ptosis, then placement of implants in a partial muscle coverage position (dual plane approach) can give a good result.  Good luck! 

Naveen Setty, MD

Breast Augmentation for Patient with Breast Ptosis?

+1

As you can imagine, without viewing pictures, it is impossible to give you precise advice. Some general thoughts may be helpful to you however.

Patients with breast ptosis should be careful about undergoing breast augmentation surgery only in the hopes that the operation will also achieve breast lifting. Although your concerns about costs and scarring are understandable,   be careful that you undergo the operation that will most likely achieve your long-term goals.

In my practice, I offer most patients undergoing breast augmentation surgery a dual plane (partially sub muscular) approach for optimal breast implant positioning ( in relation to the position of the breasts on the chest wall).

Implant in lieu of lift

+1
Without photos it isn't possible to comment meaningfully on your particular situation. However, two thoughts: I fully agree with Dr Edwards as to positioning of the implants under the muscle. The larger the implant, the more likely you are to have sagging which will not be aesthetically pleasing. Second, although many patients focus on the mastopexy scarring, the scars should fade and the correct operation will produce a better result than trying to do things halfway.

Robert L. Kraft, MD