Less Than a Cup Got 500 Cc at 2 Weeks Now After Implant but is Only B Cup

I was less than an A cup prior to my surgery. I wanted to be a full c cup so I decided to go 500cc. It's almost 3 weeks after my surgery and I'm only filling a B cup bra. Shouldn't I be bigger? Will I get bigger? And when should I expect to see size change hopefully bigger. I have asked my surgeon and he said it's due to how small I was that it has to position and settle. Not to worry I will be at the size I expected. But I'm not too sure? I thought after surgery you should be larger in size.

500 cc and a B cup??

+1

These measurements just don't add up.  

A 500 cc implant is pretty big - typically it will make someone 2 -3 cup sizes bigger.  Are you saying you are a "B cup" because you can squeeze into a B cup bra?  Or have you been properly measured.

Please post photos and measurements....that would help significantly.

Be Patient you will improve

+1

Just a few weeks is NOT sufficient time for your skin to relax. A 500 cc implant is very large. Your size will improve as your skin relaxes and accommodates your new look. Do not panic, be patient

Charles Virden, MD
Reno Plastic Surgeon

Cup Size Is Meaningless Without Chest Size

+1

The key question which you did not provide information for is your chest size.  If you were a 32A preoperatively, a 500cc implant would almost certainly increase your cup size to at least a C cup.  On the other hand, if you were a 42A preop, then a 500cc implant might provide less than a two cup size increase.

John Whitt, MD

Your breasts will not get bigger

+1
You stated that you had A size breast and after 500 cc implants (500 cc is very large implant especially if you start with A size) they are only B. That does not make sense. Before and after picture would help. Your breasts will not get bigger.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

What Cup Size To Expect After Breast Augmentation

+1

This question is a little challenging without before and after photos. However, if you were less than an A cup it is unlikely that your surgeon would have been able to safely place larger than a 500 cc implant unless you had a large amount of loose skin from prior pregnancies or a large weight loss. In most cases, a 500 cc breast implant will be enough to go up 2 cup sizes. After two weeks the skin and muscle have not had a chance to stretch so you need to be patient and see how you look after 3-4 months. Then you should get measured at a high end department store, such as Nordstroms  and see what your cup size truly is. Cup size is not an exact science and depends on what manufacturer makes the bra more than anything. All that really matters a few months from now is that you look in the mirror and are happy with what you see.

Joseph Fata, MD

+1

A posted photo always help advise. I really wonder if you receive 500 cc implant? Please ask for implant card and the operative records to check. 

Two weeks after breast augmentation, breast will not get bigger

+1

After two weeks the skin envelop of the breast will relax and blend in together, and settle in , however it is not possible for your breast to get larger. If you decided on the implant size, the look is yours.

peterejohnsonmd

Apparent size after a breast augmentation

+1

If your skin was tight, an implant will fill out the skin and put it on a stretch but it will take some time for the skin and tissues to stretch and the implant to settle and eventually give you more of a natural shape and projection that will more accurately fit into a bra cup properly.  If your skin was loose, on the other hand, the implant shows you more projection sooner.  So, yes, right after surgery there is some swelling in the tissues, but a tight implant would still be a tight implant, so it does matter how your tissues are redraping over the implant at this point.  And I do not guarantee a cup size, nor do I try to translate cup sizes to how many cc's a patient should choose.  Bra measurements are too imprecise, how a given size will fill out a particular patient's anatomy is too hard to predict.  There is a limit on how large an implant will safely fit into a patient with a tight A cup and look like a human breast!  If a patient likes the added volume she chooses from an implant sizer placed into a stretch bra, that is about as close an estimate as we can get, but it is by no means perfect.

Robert M. Grenley, MD