Im a Fitness Instructor & Just Had PIP Implants Removed, Not Replacemt, How Long Do I Need to Recover?

I am a Fitness Instructor & when at work take 7 Classes a week of Kettlebell circuit workouts lasting 1 hour each. I have just had Both PIP implants removed & not replaced. I am very happy with the appearance of my Breasts & after 2 weeks of operation, Im still very tender. How long will I need to let my body recover before I can get back to work, taking classes ?

How Long Do I Need to Recover?

+2

This question would really be best answered by your surgeon, who knows what was done and has followed your recovery, and who can ask about the precise nature of the activities you must do when leading a class. Typically we let patients to resume full activities by 6 weeks, and before then a gradual resumption. The issue is disrupting the healing cavity which is the space formally occupied by the implant.

Thanks, best wishes for an uneventful recovery. 

Post Breast Implant Recovery

+1

Thank you for your question. Allow at least a month before starting exercise, and then evaluate your swelling. If you are swelling, then you are doing too much too soon. I hope this helps.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant Removal and Return to Fitness

+1

The demands of fitness are great, and I would recommend 6 weeks to my fitness patients.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Implant removal and exercise

+1

Usually I have patients wait 3-4 weeks after removal of implants before I allow them go back to exercise.  Best to ask your surgeon.