Had 2 vials of Artfill yesterday. Is there anything I can do to prevent infection or migration?

Post Artefill Injection Care

+1
After an injection of Artefill there is really nothing other than icing for the first 12 hours that needs to be done.  The likelihood of an infection is very remote and the product will not migrate.  You should get a very nice result that will last a long time.

Best regards,

Kirkland Plastic Surgeon

Monitoring of Artefill or silicone reaction

+1

I would continue to monitor closely to prevent a subclinical infection, granuloma, or reaction to the Artefill.

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS

Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Anything to do to prevent infection or migration after Artefill treatment?

+1

There is really nothing special that you need to do after an Artefill treatment to prevent infection or migration. As long as the injection was done with a sterile technique, there should be little chance of an infection. Artefill should not migrate once it is injected.

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon