Why Do I Still Practically Fit in my Old Bras After BR Surgery Last Week?

I had BR surgery last week, Oct 11 and had my drains out on Oct 16. I'm still swollen and sore which I expected but I still fit into my old bras (well they are slightly big) but still. I told my PS I wanted to be a C or smaller which he agreed upon. I was a 38DD/E and he told me he took out about a pound off per side. That's 454 grams. Is this enough to get me to a C cup when all is said and done? I'm worried I'll still be stuck with large breasts.

Final size after breast reduction is seen at four months.

+2

Hi.

Lack of communication on this topic is often a problem.  But be optimistic because your breasts will get somewhat over the next few months.  If eventually you are not satisfied, a revision with further reduction can be done.

Bra Size After Breast Reduction Surgery

+2

One week after surgery is not enough recovery time to evaluate the size of your breasts.  You are likely still quite swollen at this point from the surgery and should not judge what you see now to be close to your final result.  We usually advise patients to go bra shopping at least one month after surgery so there is time for swelling to go down.  Wear sports bras or other supportive bras until then and I'm sure you will be happy with your final size once your body has healed and the swelling has subsided.

Swelling after breast reduction

+2

It's still too early to tell how large your breasts will ultimately be 1 1/2 weeks after breast reduction surgery. The breasts are still quite swollen after surgery. Hopefully, you are wearing a sports bra or other support garment, as this can help with shaping and swelling after surgery. I generally tell my patients to go bra shopping about 1 month after surgery. So be patient, you're almost there.

Breast reduction

+2

Without knowing what you looked like before surgery and what you look like now it is difficult to say.  Remember that now you will be swollen and it will take a while to heal and for the swelling to go down.

Concerns about Breast Size after Recent Breast Reduction?

+2

Congratulations on having undergone the breast reduction procedure. As you know, it is much too early to evaluate the results of surgery. You should also be aware that it is not uncommon for patients to experience significant emotional “ups and downs” after this type of surgery.

I would respectfully suggest that you put away your “old bras”, continue to be patient, and give yourself time to heal physically ( and emotionally) after having undergone the major surgery recently.

I would also suggest that you do not base your satisfaction on the outcome of surgery on a relatively arbitrary letter ( cup size).  Hopefully, you'll be pleased with the end results of surgery from the functional and proportionality standpoints,  regardless of the ultimate cup size achieved.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastReduction.htm

Hello

+2

You are still very swollen, it take 6-9 months for swelling to completly subside. Only your doctor knows what size you will be after its all said and done.