Is CT Scan Safe for the Head?

Hi I want to plan surgery, but I know at lease I should do new CT scans for Jaw Surgery and CT scan for nose, I had one CT scan before. is 3 or 4 CT scan safe for Head and body. I heard that in America 10000 people die because of CT scan.

CT scan safety

+1

There is NO doubt that CT scans are associated with using a significant amount of radiation.  The radiation dose cab be as much as 100 to 500 times greater than regular X-ray examinations. Radiation from computed tomographic scanners can cause cancer decades after patient exposure. Your surgeon needs the information. The question is is a CT the only way such information can be obtained. You need to discuss it with your Oral surgeon / Plastic surgeon and see if a MRI may be a better option for you.