CT Scan Results For Sinus Infection. Will He Know I Had Cosmetic Surgery?

Hi, I had rhinoplasty 3 years ago, where I had my nose narrowed (walls and tip), had a hump removed, and had the tip straigtened. Recently, my ENT specialist has ordered a CT scan for a sinus infection I have developed a few months ago. I have not told my specialist about the rhinoplasty surgery and don't plan on telling him. Will he find out that I had cosmetic surgery by analyzing the CT scan? Will it show any evidence that I had work done on my nose?

Will a rhinoplasty show up on my CT scan?

+1

It is possible that a rhinoplasty could show up on a CT scan especially if osteotomies were done. I would be honest with you doctor especially when it comes to issues of the sinuses and their relation to the nose. This can have an important impact on possible surgical planning in the future.

CT Scan Results for Sinus Infection.

+1

Your Rhinoplasty may show on the CT, however it is recommended to reveal to your doctor your past medical procedures. Being up front with your doctor will only benefit you in your treatments.

Web reference: http://drelliotheller.com

+1

It is possible he will know. I know that many people are shy about making their cosmetic surgeries known. I can assure you that being up front and giving your doctor your complete medical history will only allow him to treat you in the best possible manner. It is never a good idea to withhold medical information to your doctor when it is relevant. You had nose surgery and now have a nose problem. Be honest and up front. He will likely notice anyway.

Post rhinoplasty sinusitis

+1
Yes you may see signs of rhinoplasty on CT scan specifically work on septum and nasal bones. You should be honest with your treating surgeons. Ultimately it's easier to help you if your Drs have your full medical history.

Web reference: Http://rhinoplasty.ca

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

CT Scan

+1

Probably, but you should always provide as much medical information as possible to your health care providers!  It's for your own care!!

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and CT Scan

+1

It is possible that your CT scan may show signs of a Rhinoplasty. It is important to tell your treating physician your past surgical history. As surgeons and physicians we are all under HIPPA compliance to keep all information private regarding our patients. Rhinoplasty is a common procedure and there should be no reason not to discuss this with your treating physician. Best regards!

Web reference: http://www.michaelelammd.com