Rhinoplasty - Is It for Me? Options? 32 Year Old Female (photo)

Always wanted a nose job from youth. At times I think maybe my nose has grown into my face & I can accept it, other times I feel desperate to change it. Pls take a look at my photos. It's mostly the end/tip of the nose that bothers me-too long & want the cartlidge reduced at the tip. The bone structure is good. The tip is soft/squishy, so no bone would need to be broken (I hope). Chin too? Also, I read on another post that cartlidge grows with age. Will my nose get bigger over time?

Candidate for Rhinoplasty?

+1

An open tip reshaping may fine tune the tip cartilage enough to blend in with the rest of the nasal form. A closer examination would be needed to see if other refinements would be needed, such as bone remodeling etc.

Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Good Candidate for Rhinoplasty? #nosejob

+1

Having Rhinoplasty surgery is a big decision. It is important that you know it is a desire not a need. Being that said if you have wanted one forever then seek out a board certified surgeon who is qualified to perform Rhinoplasty surgery and consult with them. I do think from you pictures modifying your tip by reducing the cartilage would help define it and make it smaller. In addition the squishy feeling that you speak of means that likely you do not have good support to the tip and a cartilage graft called a Columella strut graft can fix that. Make sure you communicate your goals very well with your surgeon. You must feel extremely comfortable with your surgeon.

Richard J. Brown, MD

A reasonable option

+1

You seem to have specific goals, and that is good.  The tip of your nose overprojects some, sticks out too far.  Also, the tip cartilages seem a bit large, giving a wide tip.  This can be changed too.  You should have a consultation with a qualified rhinoplasty specialist.

Stuart H. Bentkover, MD
Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tip refinement and tip deprojection during rhinoplasty

+1

I agree with your assessment that your tip is a bit too long (overprojected) and the cartilage could be reduced in the tip.  Your columella (part between your nostrils) is also a bit retracted.  These areas can all be addressed with rhinoplasty, if they are of concern to you.  As you age cartilage loses its strength and resiliency, and the tip of your nose will become more ptotic (droopy) and point downwards, causing it to appear longer.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Rhinoplasty Procedure

+1
Thank you for your question. If you are continually concerned with the size, shape, or symmetry of your nose, a nose job may be the perfect solution for you. Based on your photos, you are a candidate for rhinoplasty. But, there are many things you should first consider if you are thinking about having one. A cosmetic rhinoplasty is a huge decision, one that requires plenty of patience and perseverance. A rhinoplasty is not something to consider lightly. I stress to patients that only those who are wholly dissatisfied with their appearance, who want to change their facial structure, and who have great patience should continue with this procedure. This is not to dissuade anyone from having a nose job—only to stress the importance of careful and serious consideration. I would suggest consulting with multiple board-certified,  experienced doctors before undergoing surgery. Best of luck.

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Overprojected Nasal Tip

+1

Looking at the photos provided, you might benefit from undergoing rhinoplasty surgery to bring the nasal tip closer to the face. In some cases, you will also require the nasal bridge to be reshaped so that overall balance is maintained. Only you can assign a value as to how much it would mean to have rhinoplasty surgery performed. If it really bothers you, then I would seriously consider having the surgery. If not, forget about it. With regard to your chin, I could not see your full profile in the photos provided. With regard to cartilage continuing to grow - this is not the case. Your nose is essentially fully grown near the end of your teens. In some patients, the nose might appear to grow in their later years, but this is largely due to the fact the nose will begin to droop down. This gives the perception the nose is still growing, which is not really the case.

John M. Hilinski, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for the bulbous and overprojected tip.

+1

Rhinoplasty for the bulbous and overprojected tip requires a tip plasty but may also require rim grafts to prevent collapse as well as setting the nose in closer to the face. I would need to see better lateral photos to give you an answer about the bone and mid septum since making the tip smaller may require mid septal and or slight bone work to keep all balanced. Make sure you see a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon since I see many noses like yours for revision that were overly rotated and pinched.

Rhinoplasty - Is It for Me? Options? 32 Year Old Female

+1

Aesthetically speaking, from the photos provided, the nasal tip is a bit wide but significantly over-projected.  A Tip-plasty with a localized procedure to reduce the projection of the nasal tip would address these issues withoput a full Rhinoplasty.  Hope this helps.  

If you are unhappy with your nose and it sticks out too far, then you are a good candidate

+1

There are no hard and fast rules about who should and who shouldn't get a nosejob. It appears that your nose does stick out a little too far. Rhinoplasty should soften that look. I really like computer imaging and even better, the new 3-D Vectra imager for discussing potential changes. It can help convince you that either deep down you really want or don't want surgery.

Steven J. Pearlman, MD

Tip plast

+1

The tip of the nose can be corrected by itself without a full rhinoplasty. It can help remove the bulbous look of the tip and give it more definition. In terms of whether to do it or not, it is a very personal decision. If it bothers you then definitely yes. If you think about it only once a in blue moon, then leave it alone.

Regards

Dr. J

Disclaimer: This answer is not intended to give a medical opinion and does not substitute for medical advice. The information presented in this posting is for patients’ education only. As always, I encourage you to see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon