Loose Skin Above BB After Umbilical Float. Options? (photo)

I am almost 5 months post op. I can grab a thick roll of skin above my BB. I already have scars underneath both breasts from a BA. I have been researching reverse TT. I am aware of the scar formation which honestly doesn't bother me. Aside from that, is there any other reason why I should steer away from this? I am not going back to my original PS. I will be switching out to silicone and getting a lift at the same time. Btw, I am in great shape, am 50, 5'6, 128 lbs. I just want a flat stomach.

Inadequate abdominoplasty using using umbilical float will leave loose skin.

+1

The technique restricts the amount of surgical freedom. A full abdominoplasty would have been a better choice of procedures.

Loose Skin Above BB After Umbilical Float. Options?

+1

Dear babymickey,

Thank you for your question and photos.  The crease is probably where your previous dissection stopped.  You are an excellent candidate for reverse tummy tuck.

Best Wishes,

PAblo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

+1

You are probably correct in your assessment.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tucks and body contouring procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Is a reverse abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) an option to revise the upper abdomen?

+1

Dear BabyMickey

Many thanks for your post. The loose skin in the upper abdomen (sometimes referred to as bra fat pads when below each breast) is ideally suited to a reverse abdominoplasty. 

I would recommend discussing this option with your plastic surgeon and taking things from there

Good luck!!

Marc Pacifico, MD, FRCS(Plast)
London Plastic Surgeon

+1

If all that bothers you is the loose skin above the navel, a reversed TT may be a reasonable option, but this is better discussed with your surgeon in person. 

One issue is the opposing pulls on the incision under the breasts--upward for the lift, downward for the TT may result in scar migration or wider/ thicker scars than desired. 

All the best. 

Reverse tummy tuck

+1

It appears you are a candidate for a reverse tummy tuck based on your pictures. It makes it somewhat harder to combine a breast lift with the tummy tuck but it can be done. You may need a small amount of liposuction just above your belly button.

Kurtis Martin, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Loose skin post umbilical float

+1

Thank you for the question. Reverse tummy tuck works, and from your photos your lower abdomen looks okay. So with already having infra mammary scars, I do not see why this would not be a good set up for you. They will need to be slightly longer than you have now, but that should not be an issue.
An examination is ideal, so the laxity can be seen as well as examination of the breasts. Not sure what you need uplift wise for the breasts but that needs to be evaluated to see if it can be accomplished at the same time.

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon