How can Artifill be removed from cheeks after 2 weeks?

After getting 1 syringe of Artifill in each cheek, I read the possibility of long term effects like nerve damage. I am very concerned & want to have the Artifill removed. Is this possible & what type of surgery is involved. Also, cost?

How can Artefill be removed from cheeks after 2 weeks?

+2

Eighty percent of the syringe of Artefill is collagen and that collagen is designed to be absorbed within 2 months. The Artefill microspheres remain in the body and are not absorbed. One syringe would contain few microspheres and I would not recommend removing them unless a problem develops like a small bump. These bumps can be lasered or surgically removed, however bumps are extremely rare in the face. Artefill has an excellent safety percentile. I would recommend waiting.

Orange County Dermatologist

+1

I am not aware of nerve damage occurring after treatment with Artefill. The only way to remove Artefill would be to do so surgically, which could be more risky for nerve damage than not removing it. I would discuss your concerns with the physician who treated you so that you can be sure you've received the correct information regarding the potential risks.

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon