If I Have the Laser Surgery on my Stomach, How Long Will I Be Down and Will It Leave a Scar?

I am 53 yrs old and I want a flat stomach. I can't do crunches or situps because I was in a car wreck. I just want to be sexy again and get my life back. Please can you help me

+1

Provided your skin quality is good, liposuction of your abdomen may be appropriate. This can be performed through 2 small incisions in the pubic area.

Liposuction results are highly surgeon dependent. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Laser Liposuction, recovery and scarring

+1

There are a number of options to achieving a flatter stomach, including various types of liposuction and/or tummy tuck surgery.  The type of surgery you and your surgeon chooses will determine the recovery time and size and appearance of scars in your case.   Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon in your area, who has extensive experience in body contouring procedures and ask to see pre and post op photos of their work.  Best wishes.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon