Having Cryosurgery After a Shave Mole Removal?

I had a tiny raised mole removed 2 months ago by a shave biopsy removal (benign) and it's still reddish/brownish. Although it's not portruding anymore, the area is still not smooth as I would like it to be. The doctor recommended me to freeze it off (cryosurgery) to get rid of more of the pigment and I was wondering if this was a good idea? I was also wondering how long on average would the area be red and heal time? I know it's supposed to scab off but other than that, I am not sure about this.

Mole removal

+1

It is difficult to assess this without a photo.  It is also difficult to assess without knowing the pathology results of the biopsy.  Typically, cryotherapy is not used to treat moles.

Shave romoval of a mole

+1
I wish you would put a photo of the mole and what is left of the mole.  I don't often recommend  cryosurgery for this purpose.  Depending on the pathology report from the lab, it have have to be  treated with different modalities such as surgery or lasers.  Please let me know what happens.  Make sure you are going to a board certified dermatologist with a good knowledge of skin cancer and cosmetics for such treatment.

Michele S. Green, MD