Crying After Eyelid Surgery?

Some personal issues happened in my life and am now at 6 weeks post eyelid surgery op. I had extreme crying (though I tried hard not to) for a few days and my eyelids were swollen. That was a week ago, and now I have noticed a significant change in the crease (like as if some skin below the crease has overstretched due to the swollenness). A wrinkly bit of skin below the crease seem to be there eventhough my crying has stopped for a few days now. Do I need to see a doc? Should I be worried?

Crying After Eyelid Surgery?

+1

It is highly unlikely that crying has resulted in any permanent changes to your eyelid surgery results. What you're seeing is likely part of the healing process. Your plastic surgeon is the best person to answer these questions specific to your situation. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Crying should not permanently affect your outcome 6 weeks after eyelid surgery.

+1

I am sorry to hear that you have been sad and crying.  This may cause temporary swelling and redness, however I do not think it will permanently affect your results.  Hopefully you can quickly solve the issues that are making you so sad.

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon